In regards to tech system

Started by strigvir, January 27, 2018, 07:57:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strigvir

The 3 basic resources get a one-way conversion to the basic components, gameplay-wise they exist only as packets which have to be delivered to fabs. I don't see a reason why the components can't be processed directly at the ore deposit.
So I suggest to cut the middle-man and let drivers extract blue and red as anti-creeper and arg in order to deliver them at fabs.
Their output could be improved either of those ways:

• Instant flat energy payment, akin to aether spending on upgrades in CW3. This will make energy storage upgrade contribute (in)directly to the secondary resource output. Or make it automated and increase output after meeting certain energy storage threshold.
  • Gradual output growth akin to totems in CW3. The base rate, the linear/superlinear growth, if any, is governed by the map settings and can be applied per source if the author wishes so.
Since fabs play a huge role in the CW4, might as well make a separate tab for them. As my suggestion effectively cuts 6 different fabs to 3, they will fit just fine in the bar. Mostly because I am not a fan of buildings which require further customization after plopping.