Unit Idea - "Extended Mortar"

Started by cpaca, November 13, 2017, 12:07:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpaca

Idea for extended mortar: 

I'm gonna need two variables to help explain, x [a.k.a minimum range] and y [a.k.a maximum range]
By using 3d physics, the mortar shoots a projectile at different speeds, at an arc. Due to using an arc, the extended mortar cannot shoot anything from range 0 to x, and y to inf. However, the extended mortar can shoot between distances x and y. 
Oh, it can't go up very many levels of land, either. Unless it has projectiles which go through the ground or something like that. 

Unusable as a front-line weapon, but a line of these teamed with a line of blasters or many mortars can attack enemies from far away. 
Also, the waves made from this are "weaker" than the mortar waves because of 3d physics: the creeper is trying to spread out while at the same time trying to go as a "wave" - therefore, the wave shrinks [?] in size as it progresses towards the target. 
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)