Tech Upgrade Suggestions

Started by cpaca, November 07, 2017, 10:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cpaca

Tech upgrade suggestions for CW4: 
The obvious [Fire rate, range, perhaps flying move speed, energy gen, ore gen(If it's added), packet speed] 

Some new possible techs: 
Building HP - Last longer against a large wave of creeper 
Upgraded Weapon - Weapon-on-weapon basis change. [Large upgrade cost, like a 1-time-use very powerful tech]
The changes for each weapon,Assuming CW3 weapons

Blaster/Sprayer/Sniper
Two turrets in one square: Allowing for one turret to, say, "Target digi only" while the other "Target Creeper Only" 
[close]
Mortar
Fires four times as many projectiles at the same time, but each projectile has half the AOE 
[close]
Strafer/Bomber
Two ships. For dragged-target points, one ship starts at one end of the dragged-target, the other at the other end. For single-point  targets, it treats it as a dragged-target with both dragged targets on the same point. 
[close]
Beam
Attack 2 spores at once. Very Simple.
[close]
Bertha
Target two squares at the same time!
[close]
[close]
Modifiable explosions/Larger explosion maximum: Change the waves created from explosions for each turret. Smaller explosions deal less damage, but make smaller waves. 
Internal rift: The Command Node has an internal rift. Self-explanitory. 
The problem with this is "Place rift down, now infinite hover!" 
Solution:
Longer flight time: Allows the Command node to fly around for longer. If it flies around for too long, it lands, dealing a massive explosion destroying all creeper, AC or C, all turrets, not emitters [too strong alloy], and flattens the land 
Faster recharge: The batteries of the command node need to recharge after flying around. Faster recharge makes them charge faster. 
Rifted recharge: Faster recharge + Internal rift combo, allows the command node to use the Internal rift while on ground to charge flight faster.
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)

Qwerty Quazo

Quote from: cpaca on November 07, 2017, 10:30:37 PM
Bertha
Target two squares at the same time!
[close]

I have a hard time picturing this.
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

Keeper Decagon

And I'm pretty sure current Beams already target more than one spore at a time.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

chwooly

For weapons the Power zones pretty much does this already, Except that your idea nerfs the PZ bertha. The only real change is to the blaster but even that is not a real improvement over placing it in a PZ. Of course the upside is that you get the PZ benefits without being limited to being in a PZ.

For explosions, dialing up the blast is interesting, you could change how many packets it needs to acquire before having enough charge to fire, Thereby changing the blast radius and blast force and directly effecting wave size and force. I also would want to be able to dial in distance so that I can shoot closer to the mortar.

If we do get sprayers I would like for them to be able to shoot up levels similar to the mortar, However I can see them only being able to shoot just 1 level higher.

The blasters currently don't have the selectable function you want because they only have 1 barrel however they way they are now just means they target the selected 1 first and if they don't have the preferred target in range they then go to the secondary target.

I very rarely use aircraft or shields. so if they were not in CW4 I wouldn't be upset.

IMO

Cheers

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

kajacx

I would really like health for non-weapons buildings as an upgrade, so when they get covered in creeper, the aren't insta-destroyed. Maybe only disable them until the creeper is gone while take damage? That would be great, and also it would somehat mitigate the wave spash issue, as a temorary floof of creeper wouldn't be so devastating.
Why do work yourself, when you can write a program that will do the work for you.

Karsten75

GameGibu

Quote from: Karsten75 on November 08, 2017, 02:51:58 PM
Quote from: kajacx on November 08, 2017, 02:39:04 PM
...  floof of creeper  ...

Glorious typo...

I believe the scientific term is "Bun"(1)

@kajacx, that sounds a little bit like my Idea about a platform unit... (here) i.e. a small flood is protected against for some period of time proportional to the amount of health the supporting platform underneath the unit has left.
Bringing you Custom maps since 2971!
☆CRPL Master☆