Creeper Claimed Weapons?

Started by Sorrontis, October 21, 2017, 12:38:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorrontis

Just like in PF, where the particles can have player like ships, will/can the creeper have access to player units?

I could see some interesting mechanics where an emitter is protected by cannons and mortars.

Also, if it's hardcoded in the engine, the PAC style maps will be much easier for those who'd like to make that kind of maps.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Keeper Decagon

Not to mention Sleeper maps too. Fighting those dastardly Creeper-wielding command nodes could look even cooler in the CW4. :P
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

GoodMorning

Let's see... Negative damage, AC targeting...

The big issue is AI fir them. The Creeper is not trying to outthink you, though the mapmaker might be. Perhaps it's better to have the ability to script without building it in.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

copperrein

I sometimes wish creeper was a little more intelligent. I feel like at least along digitalis, it should move towards targets based on proximity or value.
I'm old and bitter

Builder17

Quote from: copperrein on January 13, 2018, 05:03:13 PM
I sometimes wish creeper was a little more intelligent. I feel like at least along digitalis, it should move towards targets based on proximity or value.

SetDigitalis command in CRPL can be used to speedup growth of digitalis to specific direction somehow, I think.

cpaca

This COULD  be done without having a lot of tweaking and refinement.... i think 

Neural networks, anyone? 

This could be easier with direct-to-engine connection using direct unity code instead of the CRPL or PRPL 

Problem with this is how do you save the neural network data. (Something similar to map saving, maybe)? 

You just have to play the Neural network against some people and once it gets intelligent enough play it against other copies of itself. 

One issue: It becomes too powerful. Too strong. Too intelligent. Nobody can beat a Neural network which gets too intelligent except with a situation it's never seen, but the players will deal with most of the situations, and the neural network will create situations which it will counter. 

Hmm. 
To use [OUR] Custom Modules, go to Forums/Knuckle Cracker/PFE/Map Makers, Ship Builders, and Coders, Go to the pinned posts, find the one named "Custom Modules Thread", Open it, Scroll down until you find ShipModule, Apply that into your map, do not apply it into map if one copy already exists, Apply the Adder script (Sometimes named "Master.prpl, sometimes [shipname]Adder, etc.) and the actual used scripts [which i will state in my posts]. If one copy already exists, do not apply another copy. -The CMC :-)