[Feedback] Please, stop the massive difficulty spikes

Started by teengamer, February 02, 2017, 10:18:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teengamer

Every game Virgil has made has this problem. As you approach the end of the game the game gets really, really hard, usually it's the last level after all the other ones were easy. I never completed CW3, despite having 56 hours in it. I just get frustrated at trying to beat the game and give up and end up playing easier random maps. I would really prefer a difficulty slider of some description instead of just making it a race for score, as least for the story missions. It's frustrating to put so much time into a game and not be able to complete it because of a massive difficulty spike.

GoodMorning

Striking a balance is always difficult. To take a personal example, I find the difficulty curve to be slightly shallower than I would perhaps prefer.

Still, to each their own. I hope you enjoy the game.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Maybe you can ask for some tips on the forum for maps you can't beat.
Try different strategy's
Or maybe someone has posted a clip on youtube
Goodluck !!
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

Ovalcircle

Quote from: teengamer on February 02, 2017, 10:18:35 AM
Every game Virgil has made has this problem. As you approach the end of the game the game gets really, really hard, usually it's the last level after all the other ones were easy. I never completed CW3, despite having 56 hours in it. I just get frustrated at trying to beat the game and give up and end up playing easier random maps. I would really prefer a difficulty slider of some description instead of just making it a race for score, as least for the story missions. It's frustrating to put so much time into a game and not be able to complete it because of a massive difficulty spike.
What is giving you so much trouble?
[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."