[suggestion] HQ Damage Warning Overload (Seriously, please help)

Started by Dark Ambition, January 04, 2017, 01:27:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Ambition

I'm sure people have noticed, but my maps are very noisy. My two HQ's that kinda have to be used aggressively can (And will) take a lot of damage. And every time they take damage, they make loud beeps. My next two maps will have the two custom HQ's, and the normal HQ. You can see the problem.

Having multiple HQ's is essential to my story, i'd have to rework it from the ground up to change that and remake my first two maps.

So is there a way to just... disable that sound? It would make it so people would have to pay much more attention to their three HQ's. (At least you won't lose the map if one of them get's destroyed, i'm not barbaric.) But even then, i'm sure it's better than BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP every two seconds. It's so annoying and absolutely horrendous, and I know you agree.

EDIT: Also, is there possibly a way to have enemy Omni's?

Dark Ambition

Can nobody help me with this? Just this problem alone can take a big hit to people's perception of the quality.

I have an entire thought out story that I think is good, im scared itll be damned or overlooked just because of this problem...

GoodMorning

There's no way around the alarm that I know of, save global/effects mute.

It's possible that V might adjust it to play globally, rather than per-HQ.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

knucracker

One simple thing I can do that might help is increase the time between alarm sounds.  Right now it is 1 second, so you get an alarm playing repeatedly.  I can change it to 10 seconds. That prevents the alarm from playing so frequently. You still get an alarm when a HQ is hit, but it doesn't keep sounding every second while under attack. It will repeat 10 seconds later if still under attack.

Dark Ambition

Quote from: virgilw on January 06, 2017, 12:28:18 PM
One simple thing I can do that might help is increase the time between alarm sounds.  Right now it is 1 second, so you get an alarm playing repeatedly.  I can change it to 10 seconds. That prevents the alarm from playing so frequently. You still get an alarm when a HQ is hit, but it doesn't keep sounding every second while under attack. It will repeat 10 seconds later if still under attack.

Oh, that would help immensely! Thank you.

12345ieee

Playing the beta, I've now lost count of the times I lost my HQ because I thought it was safe after a brief attack, while it really wasn't.

I'm sorry to ask, but, V, could you please make the delay configurable?
You don't really need to expose it to the GUi, I can edit GameSettings.xml just fine.

knucracker

I'll change the default to 3 seconds rather than 10 (a more reasonable compromise I think) and add "hqAlarmInterval" to the game settings. It will show up as "90" which means 90 frames (30 frames per second).