[Suggestion] Undo button in mission editor

Started by vinster7, November 24, 2016, 02:03:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vinster7

I just made a whole map, saved, then tested it to see if it worked out. I played it through, was pretty good, then clicked finalize. It had an error, map title not set, so when i went to load to go back to set it, it saved the part where i destroyed everything on the map to test if it was playable. So I lost all of my work because of that. This has happened to me 3 times on accident so I pretty much gave up for now...

knucracker

Sounds like you clicked finalize after playing the mission in the editor. When you finalize it takes the current state of the map and saves. That's so that you can partial play a mission if you want and then make a map based off of that state.

The best model is to make a map then finalize. Then head over and play the finalized version. Short of that you can make a map then save it. Then play. When done playing load true mission. If happy then click finalize.

All may not be lost with your current map. Load it and click all of the reset buttons and most things might go back to their original state.

vinster7

The thing is, it didn't even finalize because the title wasn't set, but it still saved. I guess I can replace everything, in the mission, it was mostly a mistake by me. But it sucks that if you accidently hit save you lose all of your stuff.

Sorrontis

Hi... as a habit... I've been naming all my maps & descriptions as "asd"

I ALWAYS test my maps by first finalizing them. It saves heartaches.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

knucracker

Part of finalization is first serializing the map and doing the same thing that happens when you just click "Save".  I'll look at it to see if it could error out sooner in situation where a map name is not set.  But, in a case where you had already set a map name, you would still have had a problem since you finalized a map in a played state.

Builder17

I think finalize button should also ask  if map maker wants load map from it's previous saved state before finalizing ,

in case if map has been unpaused. Or some kind of confirmation. :-\

Or have save slot it uses when finalizing not same what it uses when just saving.  :)

yum-forum

For me (when I create map in editor) will be useful the same save slot system as when I play finalized map.
I can save initial map, save and then play intermediate maps, modify it if necessary and in any time I can load any saved version and finalize it.
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last