Feature Suggestions: For the Fleet!

Started by SoraHjort, November 17, 2016, 06:28:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoraHjort

Here are some suggestions I've been mulling over

1. Fleet formation - Position some ships together, select them all, and with a click of a button they lock into that position. So when you click to move one they all move together, almost like they combined into a single ship. If one ship couldn't move into one spot, then the whole fleet wouldn't beable to move into it. They would also move at the same speed as the slowest ship in the formation.

So this way, to use the story mode's ships as an example. You could have a Tanker in the center, the Hammer in the front, and a Bignose and Wolf on the sides. And they would stay in that position instead of the game randomly deciding that the hammer should be in the back, the tanker in front, and the other two way off to the sides.

Also I think it could be fun to create a bunch of smaller ships that work in unison with each other. Kinda going all super sentai or voltron in that regard.

2. Ship Editor: Area Fill - Fill an area or the entire canvas. I'm someone who likes to fill in the entire canvas. Then after placing the modules then carve away to form the ship. Being able to fill in areas and the canvas would solve that time consuming task.

3. Ship Editor: Straight Lines - Would be nice to beable to just create a Point A to Point B straight line quick and easily. Like Shift Click to place Point A and clicking again to place Point B. Continuing to hold Shift when you place Point B will make it so clicking again would be Point C and so on.

4. Auto Build - This one is for convenience really. The ability to specify a ship to autobuild at a location incase it gets destroyed. Pretty straight forward really.

And that's about it.