Finally out

Started by hbarudi, October 24, 2016, 01:25:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbarudi

The game is finally out, I did enjoy it.
It takes about 2 years to develop a game.
It takes only one day to complete the campaign.
However, it is a very good game, the custom maps, custom ships, and things like that will keep it entertaining.
Started playing some custom maps, but some questions?
1. Are the first maps shown in the videos during development located in the exchange?
2. Are such maps in the exchange shuffled around or do they count where the first maps to later uploaded maps by default?
3. While this has not affected game play, ships seem to require a lot of energy to be built and take a lot of time, does the time listed on custom ship maker show how much energy required to build the core of the ship or is it about building the whole ship? also the larger the ship, the longer for the core to be built.
4. (comment) Having such few (less than 30) default maps all of them finishable without the issues that happened with unfinishable alpha sector (2) and tormented space (jovencoting) maps is really good, but can I say so for all the custom missions it does not matter.
5. Can the custom mission use custom ships? that would be great.

Relli

Let's see what I can do about these.

1) The maps Virgil played during the Development Blog era are a bit scattered. Some are story missions, some are Inception missions, and some are Exchange, I believe. it's also possible some never made it to the full game.
2) The default sort in the exchange is by the game's ID number, and those numbers are given out consecutively. So yes, by default, the game is sorted from oldest to newest, which can be easily flipped using the Reverse Order filter.
3) I assume you're talking about the CM number in the Ship Editor. The first number tells you how many packets you need to START building the ship. Just the initial command module. The time next to it that says ##s is how long it will take in seconds to accomplish that. This number will always be half of the packet number, as when building the command module, packets are limited to two per second. At present no information is given about how long it might take to build the whole ship after the command module is done, but it's possible one day there will be.
5) (Yes I skipped 4) Any mission can be played using a fleet of your own design by choosing Sandbox Fleet before starting the mission. So in one sense, yes. When a player creates a custom map, they have free reign over what the default fleet is, and that includes their own ships and even PRPL-created things. So in another sense, still yes.