[Suggestion] Stop Resupplying Omnis, Increased Energy Supply cap

Started by 4xC, October 14, 2016, 12:30:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

4xC

A. The biggest issue I have with using omnis to secure income is the fact that once they are built, you cannot tell them to stop taking energy from mines. Their demand is so much higher than everything else that I often need to wait for omni reactors to reach 100% before I build even my first one, almost 2 minutes ingame.

B. For all the good that big ships and ships with tank modules are, their energy demand tends to surpass the resupply rate cap of every possible source be it ports, mines, or custom "power plant" ships with buku reactors. The real problem is when this happens even if your production exceeds demand in which case your storage doesn't dip to 0. This has been a low point in CW2 in which the LS could only supply 60 packets and a nonexistent point in CW3, so I hope that a future update will erase the resupply cap.

One last thing, I miss being able to know how big my deficit is when my energy storage is not in the black due to excess demand and insufficient production. Can we have that back please?
C,C,C,C

PhailRaptor

Quote from: 4xC on October 14, 2016, 12:30:09 AM
A. The biggest issue I have with using omnis to secure income is the fact that once they are built, you cannot tell them to stop taking energy from mines. Their demand is so much higher than everything else that I often need to wait for omni reactors to reach 100% before I build even my first one, almost 2 minutes ingame.

My understanding is that the Omni stops pulling energy when the landmass it is parked on has been fully Mired, assuming it's Lathe is not additionally in use.  Obviously if hostile Particles are impacting that landmass, they will remove friendly Mire and add hostile Mire, which the Omni will then need energy to reverse again.  Are you seeing different behavior?

Quote from: 4xC on October 14, 2016, 12:30:09 AMOne last thing, I miss being able to know how big my deficit is when my energy storage is not in the black due to excess demand and insufficient production. Can we have that back please?

This is in the works right now.

GoodMorning

Omnis pull energy until their internal storage is full, which can often be a very large proportion of the early-game economy. I would like to see their request rate scaled down to only just outmatch their use rate, unless some specific button is clicked, or their request rate reduce in proportion to the efficiency of the Omni Reactors tech (these could work well together).

Virgil has mentioned specifically deciding to leave the request rate capped at 30eps. Using a Guppy workaround, more power can be drawn. Testing during another project has revealed that an appropriate setup can have a dozen MK7s firing continuously with reserves increasing on an expensive ship, given an appropriately large economy.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.