Small bugs

Started by yum-forum, October 02, 2016, 04:48:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yum-forum

1. When You push shippickup button no information about type of ship.
2. When You have chosen ship to move it and look for new place zoom (by wheel) not working. Very uncomfortable.
3. The same situation with left ship main menu. If You have chosen ship and look for place where build it zoom (by wheel) not working.
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

yum-forum

last

GoodMorning

The first has an dedicated thread, the others are ignored because the wheel should rotate the ship ghost in those situations. If the ship ghost does not rotate, it is a bug, but otherwise it is intended behaviour.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75

Quote from: yum-forum on October 04, 2016, 03:57:28 AM
Is it not important?

Virgil is not currently actively looking at the forums. The evaluation of the relative importance if these issues (which you have listed i the features board) will have to wait until he resumes and can clear the backlog of high-priority issues. :)

Some of them aer familiar issues, and he has indicated that they will be resolved, such as the additional info on ship pickups.

alfanugan

I had the same problem with point 2 and 3.  In the settings, I changed the mouse wheel to zoom only and I think it works great.  I can zoom and move around the map while I construct my fleet, just using the mouse wheel.
/\lways (oca(ola

chwooly

Quote from: alfanugan on October 04, 2016, 04:32:05 PM
I had the same problem with point 2 and 3.  In the settings, I changed the mouse wheel to zoom only and I think it works great.  I can zoom and move around the map while I construct my fleet, just using the mouse wheel.

Actually this was the answer I got from Virgil when I first brought this up. I have not changed it yet but good to know it worked
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Kharnellius

Yeah, I wish there was a button you could hit that toggled that functionality.  Now that I tried the "rotate ship with mouse wheel" functionality, I kind of like it.  However, the not being able to zoom when selecting a ship is driving me nuts.  Guess I'm going back to zoom only.

Tarmandan

What I usually do on big maps/when doing big movements is the following: First I zoom out, select the ship and order a movement to where I want it. Then I zoom in on that location, select the green "shadow" and fine tune the movement order.

keldor314

One tiny little thing I noticed:  In the tooltip it labels "ship pickup" and "omni pickup".  To be consistent with game lore, it really should be "ship license" and "omni license".

New player wise, neither one is really better than the other - while pickup is the common term, it's not quite used correctly, since you'd then expect the ship or omni to pop up there or something.  License is more precise in that that's exactly what it is - a license to build one more ship than you already can have.  This is a non-issue in any case, since a new player learns pretty much immediately what they're for and they're common enough that they're not going to be reading the tooltip anyway.

yum-forum

Quote from: yum-forum on October 02, 2016, 04:48:54 AM

2. When You have chosen ship to move it and look for new place zoom (by wheel) not working. Very uncomfortable.
3. The same situation with left ship main menu. If You have chosen ship and look for place where build it zoom (by wheel) not working.

Interesting that in case of OMNI wheel is workig! Why the same was not applied for ship?
last

GoodMorning

Because Omnis don't need rotating.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.