[suggestion] audio cues / minor gameplay stuff

Started by Backherms, October 03, 2016, 11:11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Backherms

The german in me wants to get straight to the point:

- The audio cue for HQ under attack is too damn loud and annoying
- The audio cue for stunners is too quiet, easy to overhear
- I would love to form control groups, like in most RTS games. You know, CTRL+1 / CTRL+2 / ...

The human being inside this german would like to thank Virgil for another gem of a game. Back when I hardly had any money, I pirated CW3, but soon after scraped what little money I had together to buy it on steam. I hardly bought anything back then. Paying 15 € for PF feels almost like a steal and I really, really hope this game does well and Virgil will become filthy rich!

Kharnellius

Quote from: Backherms on October 03, 2016, 11:11:13 AM
The german in me wants to get straight to the point:

- The audio cue for HQ under attack is too damn loud and annoying
- The audio cue for stunners is too quiet, easy to overhear
- I would love to form control groups, like in most RTS games. You know, CTRL+1 / CTRL+2 / ...

The human being inside this german would like to thank Virgil for another gem of a game. Back when I hardly had any money, I pirated CW3, but soon after scraped what little money I had together to buy it on steam. I hardly bought anything back then. Paying 15 € for PF feels almost like a steal and I really, really hope this game does well and Virgil will become filthy rich!

I agree somewhat but you don't want it too quiet, either.  I would also like for the the HQ audio cue to play more often and louder as it takes more and more damage.  A single hit from what particle should play once at a quieter volume, but if it starts taking a lot of the hits, the frequency and volume should increase so that I know my HQ is taking a pounding and I REALLY should do something about it.

Is there even an audio cue for the stunners?  I didn't even notice!

Also, I suggest you make a separate post for the Control Groups.