Board structure

Started by GoodMorning, September 30, 2016, 09:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

In CW3, having the Coders Corner separated from the custom map discussion section made it difficult to place and track topics.

May I suggest that Exchange discussion be placed on the main page, rather than as a child board. Further, the custom map discussion board to be merged with the mapmaking, shipbuilding and scripting board.

Or is there some very good reason that is invisible now that that decision has been made?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Relli

Just a quick comment without much in-depth thought, but I could see a split of "discussions about the creation of custom things" vs "discussions about the created custom things", to describe it incredibly poorly. It feels to me like merging all of those things (except the individual mission pages) would get too crowded, and it would be hard for someone to navigate through to just the spots they cared about seeing. Come to think of it, a better split might be regular custom maps and ships vs PRPL and coding-related things. They might intersect in a few places, of course, but that's almost inevitable anyway. So I guess that gets my vote for the moment.

GoodMorning

Well, CRPL related topics were the ones I was usually losing, so it is that overlap that was my problem. Likely you are right, but at least the question has been asked.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75

So yes, we'll probably do something along these lines. Seems a good idea. Thanks.