[Suggestion] Tanker energy intake efficiency.

Started by Xeneonic, September 29, 2016, 05:52:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xeneonic

The image below shows a tanker getting energy from a mine, but the energy intake from the mine isn't enough to keep up with the expense. This is most easily reproducible with just one tanker and a lot of army outside of mine range (but still in tanker range).

I'm sure this is intended, a cap of how much a ship can take in per "tick". However, tankers have guppies, and these guppies in this example aren't getting energy from the mine (They only do that when they're outside the mine area)

My suggestion is that the guppies would still be able to recharge their own storage from the mine even when inside the mine radius and deposit their storage to the ship. Even when the ship is full, guppies should still go back to the mine (even in the mine radius) to recharge their own storage, if nothing else.

Darkmega

Agreed. although I'm not sure if it'll happen, cause then guppy spam will make ships kinda able to take in more energy than they normally would be able to when in energy range which kinda stops the whole 30 a second thing if then even the guppies start pulling 30 a second a pop and dumping it through the ship simultaneously. Actually made a tanker like that. like 8 sets of guppies on it, called it a fetcher. Good when you've got surplus energy and everything is out of range so not many ships are guzzling it down, but not that great near the start when the guppies just drain the reserves that the other ships need. :V

GoodMorning

The idea is good, but I would suggest a modified form:
Options for Guppies and tanks.

Guppy: ON (IF_NOT_IN_RANGE), IF_NOT_FULL, IF_SPARE_POWER, OFF
Tank: ON, OFF, IF_SPARE_POWER

This would allow the player to have their Varro or Tanker build, but not drain energy pods to fill the tanks/Guppies. It would also allow the Guppy to force-refill while still in range of a mine if the ship power stock is low.

There might be a problem with Guppies overfilling...

Of course, this is looking steadily more like a workaround for the 30eps limit in order to make ever-larger vessels, and so may need to be left as-is.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.