Post-release requests

Started by Karsten75, September 26, 2016, 01:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

I assume you mean NE NW SE SW, which nets a new positioning headache. The current set is tactically adequate, particularly with the "M" key for precise movement.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Xalos

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 29, 2016, 05:33:10 AMI assume you mean NE NW SE SW, which nets a new positioning headache. The current set is tactically adequate, particularly with the "M" key for precise movement.

I actually meant the mouse rotation controls, which are difficult to align up, down, left, and right; I foolishly assumed the mouse wheel rotation was relative to the current angle of the ship and had the same problem.

GoodMorning

I have no issue. I was seeking to clarify, but no matter.

Xalos

An option to have clicking the middle mouse button pause the game.

Cavemaniac

Bring incomplete Omni movement control in line with ships - ie the ability to select omnis which have not yet been completely built and select a destination for them.  When construction is complete, they are then free to move - same as ships now.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

19chickens

Can we have a lore guide?  I recognise Varro and Joven from CW2:A, but what's the House Abraxis?  What is Redacted Space?!

chwooly

When the game starts I would prefer to be able to click on the picture instead of having to go to the enter button at the bottom to select.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

GoodMorning

Chwooly, that might interfere with the click/drag method of moving the carousel. Good thought, though.

Cavemaniac

When dialogue is 'typing', it would be nice if clicking next brought up all of the text instantly - then a further click advanced the dialogue.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Karsten75

Quote from: Cavemaniac on September 29, 2016, 10:50:42 PM

When dialogue is 'typing', it would be nice if clicking next brought up all of the text instantly - then a further click advanced the dialogue.

I heard Virgil say that he was planning to do something like that.

GoodMorning

I can but support it. I lost tactical information a few times when I began, because I expected this. Usually I could go back, to complete text, but not on the last panel.

An opportunity to view all conversations yet shown would be good.

Do we get a PRPL conversation API?

planetfall

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 29, 2016, 11:09:16 PM
Do we get a PRPL conversation API?

"ConversationName" ShowConversation. That lets you use the inbuilt conversation editor for ease of use. If you need dynamically generated conversations for some reason, I seem to recall AddConversationMessage and friends in a changelog somewhere, but how exactly they work I haven't yet figured out.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

GoodMorning

planetfall

Apr 6, 2016: Added to PRPL: SHOWCONVERSATION, CLOSECONVERSATION, ADDCONVERSATIONMESSAGE, CLEARCONVERSATION, DESTROYCONVERSATION,
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

GoodMorning

Thanks. I can only get to the beta changelog thread, so I am in ignorance of the PRPL additions.