Post-release requests

Started by Karsten75, September 26, 2016, 01:24:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

I'm starting this to ask for changes that won't affect fundamental game play, but will simplify some part of game mechanic or feature.

- If one works on multiple maps, then map saves of finalized maps go to Misc directory, but under GUID, which makes it really hard to tell them apart.   Can you either rename the save folder to a more meaningful name, or move it to a more discrete location?

Relli

It's an incredibly tiny thing (which is why I'm putting it here), but there's no quick way to check the scoreboards for story missions. And I think Inception missions too. You have to "start" the mission to get the scoreboard, and in so doing must load up the entire mission to get there, which can take quite a lot of time if, like me, you want to glance over each scoreboard to see if anyone has bumped you off the top charts.

mzimmer74

My biggest issue is that there is no quick way to rate a map after playing it, especially if you filter out already completed maps.  I would love it to work like CW3 did.
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

Cavemaniac

Formation (group) move for Omnis - same as 'E' key, to keep all positions relative to each other while moving.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

GoodMorning

R key for locked formation move: exact relative positions, same speed. If it cannot be placed, it doesn't move at all.

I for selection of all Omnis - or possibly those not landed. Much easier bulk movement for assaults.

Exchange searches: Jump to map/result number. Good if you are seeking something near the middle rather than an end.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Ovalcircle

Clicking a player's name in the exchange doesn't bring up all the maps made by that player.
[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."

GoodMorning

Mire land objective - Default to 99.9%, to prevent square-hunting.

CITG "View all" (by some ordering system).

Sorrontis

Stunner pre-fire warning (maybe?). Maybe on the first fire to tell players that there are stunners on the map?
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

Energy source/mine coupling, and a script command to get the UID of one from the other. Currently possible to drag a mine away from the source in the editor, or vice versa. Selection also defaults to the source, making it hard to destroy the mine.

The almost inevitable ship energy API, please. Also a local scripts library, where PRPL files may be stored across all maps in the editor, for multiple uses.

And the impossible dream:

In a perfect world...
PRPL selection interface which works with the normal one.

That is: destroy, cancel and tech buttons to remain, the menu area to be blank, ready to be overlaid with custom buttons.

GetSelectedUnit, and IfSelectedMouseDown/Up built in functions. Also :selected and :deselected. (And possibly company)

Boxwise or radial selection areas, with z-ordering, in reverse order of creation by default, so that we can tell what we click.

All this to allow us to make custom units which play nicely with the existing UI, without the inevitable clumsiness of hacked-on RPL controls. Although planetfall did a surprisingly good job of those in CRPL, with the yet-unreleased Celestial series, it remained an add-on, with unexpected interactions with the main controls.
[close]

Sorrontis

In map making, can we have a circle brush? That would be great.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

planetfall

An equivalent of cw3's DestroyMode and DestroyOnDamage for making flip units and other effects.

Also, a spray/scatter brush.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Ovalcircle

The ability to disable Ticon defense cannons from being reapplied with energy.
[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."

Xalos

In the ship editor, when you get the error message saying that there's disconnected hull, it'd be nice if the orphaned section flashed red or something to draw your attention to where it is. I had a tile of hull hiding down at the bottom left corner of the ship editor and couldn't figure out why I was getting an error message at first. :P

GoodMorning

Particle impact API (Ex: ship-width spherical bullet collisions.

Also:
Three french hens, two turtledoves, and a partridge in a pear tree.

Xalos

Some way to rotate ships to orthogonal directions would be nice, for the few of us who care about being able to rotate ships to point in precise, exact directions for no practical reason.