Custom Map #9676: Ore tricks. By: Martin Gronsdal

Started by AutoPost, August 29, 2021, 10:47:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9676: Ore tricks

Author: Martin Gronsdal
Size: 150x150

Desc:
I would really appreciate feedback and maybe (in spoilers) procedure/approach. Thank you for playing!

Altren

Nice map. Took me some time to figure out what is that arrow for :) Even looked beyond the map borders, but not far enough.
Not used mortars, did last island same way as the previous one, with some sprayers and berthas support.

paco42

Spoiler
build up 40 something sprayers, fly them around aimlessly while building out the rest, then land all at once on the north island
[close]

the prepare phase felt a blt tedious, but at least its original. i like it.

Martin Gronsdal

Was it easy enough to retain the ore in the CN far away?

Altren

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on August 30, 2021, 01:38:30 AM
Failed once, then used guppy to keep the forge powered, so easy enough.

I was using only 3 sprayers start claiming top island, so there were no boring and tedious parts in this map.

lividbishop

but how do you get sprayers when you can only get them via moving the distant CN to the spot where the central CN is and there's no place to park a second?

lividbishop

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on August 30, 2021, 01:38:30 AM

no idea how i'm supposed to do this it disappears when you move it
?

Martin Gronsdal

Johnny Haywire

My spoilers aren't really spoilers, and I won't be very specific with most stuff... I did the obvious thing too. Dump it all at once, I say  8)

I didn't need the mortars though, and ended up picking them up after it was all over.

Liked the 1-energy build cost. Definitely helped.  ;)

Spoiler
The CN is blocked by the "Pause" sign in the upper-right. I'm guessing that was intentional but at first I didn't realize you could place units that far off the visible screen. That's hilarious! 
[close]

Smartly done, as always - great job m8!

Thanks for the map!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?