Earlh21's maps

Started by Earlh21, October 19, 2013, 06:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Earlh21

The Squid
Spoiler
The emitter at the bottom right makes random dots of creeper across the map, similar to the one at Choix. However, these can't be stopped by shields, but they happen less often. The unit at the top left creates anti-creeper from energy.
[close]

Life
Spoiler
The Loki are transforming... it's your job to stop them!

Note - this is NOT the entire map.
[close]

teknotiss

right, i had to look through 5 threads before i found this one to let you know that the unit in the top left doesn't appear to be selectable, let alone movable.
adding your username to you maps would be a great help in finding your thread to comment etc in future.
if you need help with a faulty CRPL script ask in "the coder's corner"
otherwise the script for spamming creeper seems ok, and if you get the unit moving i'll be happy to give it another go.
later dude  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

teknotiss

ok correction, the unit did move, to where i was building a terp, now i can't move it again, i may have to wait for the terp to build and see if i can unentangle them.
interesting behaviour! ;)
i tried clicking the unit and clicking a location, this didn't do anything, i thought i might try to play this map without moving it and built a few collectors and a terp and the unit moved onto the terp... hmmm
well i'm going to see what happens... SCIENCE  :D
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

teknotiss

hmm i think i see my problem.
the unit is only selectable if you click the central 1x1 cell of the 3x3, and there is no indicator to let you know it's selected. i dunno if it got hung on the terp at all.
perhaps having a 3x3 selectable area for the unit would be helpful
as for the map, i see what your going for but the creeper appearing in the starting area just make this too irritating to play on. having a small safe area, or generating more ac with the unit/s, would make this one a map i'd keep at til i got it. having my whole infrastrucure randomly destroyed isn't a lot of fun for me.
still good work dude 8)

Grauniad

@teknotiss: AS a hint, when you download the map, you could change the map file name to include the user name.  That may ease your difficulties somewhat until the full custom map system is operational.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Earlh21

Sorry, I've just gotten around to replying. I didn't make the moving script, I stole it from the coder's corner. I guess I'll take a look at it and change it.
I'll make the unit emit more AC as well.
EDIT: I couldn't get the script to make the whole unit selectable. I did make a marker for it when it is selected though.

teknotiss

Quote from: Grauniad on October 20, 2013, 02:29:54 PM
@teknotiss: AS a hint, when you download the map, you could change the map file name to include the user name.  That may ease your difficulties somewhat until the full custom map system is operational.

yeah i know, but i want to encourage clear labeling and by the time i've dl'd 3 or 4 maps i can't remember which was from whom anyway  ::) not great short term memory :)

Quote from: Earlh21 on October 20, 2013, 02:36:47 PM
Sorry, I've just gotten around to replying. I didn't make the moving script, I stole it from the coder's corner. I guess I'll take a look at it and change it.
I'll make the unit emit more AC as well.
EDIT: I couldn't get the script to make the whole unit selectable. I did make a marker for it when it is selected though.
cool cheers dude, there must (probably ::)) be a way of making it a 3x3, perhaps it's worth asking about that in TCC, then you can add a complete and easy code to the wiki/TCC and i'll be using it in my maps!
i'll rebash at you map now  8)

teknotiss

hey dude, just going for a rush kill of the lower right emitter and this happened (see attached image, click to enlarge).
did you want that to happen? :D
infinitely long connections would be useful in other maps too ;), just messing, there is a way of limiting the connect length, but i'm not a code monkey so i can't help there sorry
later dude

teknotiss

i think there may be a problem with the packet demand for the unit. it isn't able to go above minimum, and with no totems or aether packs i can't increase the packet speed to get a full charge of the unit. also it isn't producing much AC. are you using the meso script for AC generation? i had issues with demand on my "pyramid power" map i just messed with the settings til the demand vs output was good, admittedly i was after very high demand and supply.
still i think you map is interesting now, the AC is just enough to protect the base for a little while, but i dunno how it'll pan out, it looks pretty tough so far.

Earlh21

I don't see an attached image, but I assume you mean it freaks out when you get close to it. Yes, it's supposed to.
The unit produces 3.4 AC per packet.

teknotiss

oops must have forgotton to attach it!

the emitter did go nuts (tricky, should have expected it) but as you can see on the image the unit remains connected to the collector no matter how far it goes from it!

Earlh21

I know, it's strange, I tried to do this:
GetQueuedMoveCount if
0 CONST_CONNECTABLE SetUnitAttribute
else
1 CONST_CONNECTABLE SetUnitAttribute
endif

But it didn't work...

teknotiss

Quote from: Earlh21 on October 20, 2013, 06:34:07 PM
I know, it's strange, I tried to do this:
GetQueuedMoveCount if
0 CONST_CONNECTABLE SetUnitAttribute
else
1 CONST_CONNECTABLE SetUnitAttribute
endif

But it didn't work...

well TCC is your friend here, someone there will sort it out!
good luck and it's a fun map