Ultimate Defense custom map!

Started by ryemck, October 17, 2013, 06:43:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ryemck

Hello CW3 :)

I don't know if anyone is the same but I love the whole defense type of thing, I'd rather be defending a castle than attacking one.

So I've made this map.

It's basically  a hill that you have to defend from all areas, I know it's not massively unique and/or creative but it's very fun :)

teknotiss

hi rymek, i'll give your map a go today, but it would be easier for us if you could put your name in the filename, it will help keep the maps organised for us players
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Michionlion

Hey teks, I think most people on the forums understand that by now.  It is their choice on how to label their maps.  Just my two cents.  By the way, ryemck, nice map.  Very fun to play, but could do with smoother terrain, makes it look half-done.  Overall, good job though.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Grauniad

This map is just mean to all of us CDO sufferers!  :)

Next you'll force me to break out the Terps... After that I'll have to devise a strategy to drain all those energy resource packs... Then you'll force me to use Sprayers to suck up all the excess AC I'm going to spill... Then I'll rant and rave because I can't symmetrically attack your enemy units... Winning? Oh that,  well, it may happen accidentally. :D
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

teknotiss

Quote from: Michionlion on October 17, 2013, 12:05:49 PM
Hey teks, I think most people on the forums understand that by now.  It is their choice on how to label their maps.  Just my two cents.  By the way, ryemck, nice map.  Very fun to play, but could do with smoother terrain, makes it look half-done.  Overall, good job though.

well i just hope V is fast at getting a user database going. it's confusing to keep having to search throught all the users threads to find the one i want to comment on, but hey ho. and i doubt every person who uses the forum has read my suggestions, hence me suggesting it each time, it's also just my opinion and if they choose to that's nice and helpful, if not, no worries  :)

Quote from: Grauniad on October 17, 2013, 12:26:59 PM
This map is just mean to all of us CDO sufferers!  :)

CDO? OCD or a new condition i'm unaware of?  ;)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Grauniad

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

teknotiss

Quote from: Grauniad on October 17, 2013, 02:36:10 PM
Quote from: teknotiss on October 17, 2013, 02:24:49 PM
CDO? OCD or a new condition i'm unaware of?  ;)

It's a curse, and a blessing... To quote Mr. Monk. 

lol, i'm happy i'm only afflicted in a few small ways.... filing efficiency in my PC is one though! :D

NFITC1

asmussen

Shawn Asmussen

ryemck

Hi all :)

Yeah I intentionally made it non-smooth so it looks a bit more rough and worn out if you get me, glad some people like it :D

Michionlion

Quote from: ryemck on October 18, 2013, 03:29:23 AM
Hi all :)

Yeah I intentionally made it non-smooth so it looks a bit more rough and worn out if you get me, glad some people like it :D

I guess I should have clarified myself...  when you use square brushes like that, it makes the terrain look 'speedily painted', or something.  I think that making the terrain all cracked and worn would have looked very cool.  Definitely an OCD inducing map.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

ryemck

Noted, I'm working on a better, more smooth one :)