My first stab at a CW3 map

Started by Imposter, October 07, 2013, 01:01:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imposter

Hey guys, attached is my first try at a CW3 map, since the in game file sharing isn't out yet. Though I'm not entirely sure how you upload it. My assumption is that you create the path "Documents\CreeperWorld3\Finalized\Imposter_Fortresses", or wherever your cw3 stuff is located, and put the file in there.

I could be wrong however, so if someone else wants to mention how to do it, please do :)

As for the map itself, it's a fortress style map as I think those are pretty cool :P . There's one intact super defensible fortress, as well as some destroyed ones that emitters have taken their home in. Also a volcano emitter to the northwest. The middle is a vast field which you can move up by ground, or just use as a buffer to pummel enemies with air.

Edit (Thanks for the clarifying comments on loading maps): You can use load map in the main menu, and load the map up from any location.

Someone

teknotiss

the easiest way for players to use that file is to put it in their "\Documents and Settings\*username*\My Documents\CreeperWorld3\WorldEditor" file then run it from "Load File" in the main menu
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

J

The load file planet on the main menu can load a map from any location, but first opens up this location: ...\documents\CreeperWorld3\devgames

teknotiss

Quote from: J on October 07, 2013, 09:34:32 AM
The load file planet on the main menu can load a map from any location, but first opens up this location: ...\documents\CreeperWorld3\devgames

really? hmm i wonder why mine is pathed differently? no worries, whatever works!
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Grauniad

Quote from: teknotiss on October 07, 2013, 10:33:53 AM

really? hmm i wonder why mine is pathed differently? no worries, whatever works!

Because that is the default path and I'm pretty sure during the months of beta testing you loaded a few games and the game settings remember where you loaded from.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

teknotiss

sorry just to be clear, the default is the one i posted or J's?
not that it matters but for the sake of clarity in future... ::)

Grauniad

You'll have to nuke the path settings in gamedata.xml to figure that out. I changed mine so long ago...
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

teknotiss

back to the map... ::)
i've had a bit of a bash, it's a nice map, and i suspect some really fast scores can be set on it, i'll prob finish it later. good one dude  8)

knucracker

The upside down stick-man made me chuckle.