6000 custom maps!

Started by Kingo, June 03, 2013, 12:44:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kingo

Currently the custom map counter is at 5999 custom maps.
Soon, it will reach 6000!
I myself am developing and testing a map right now.

Kingo

As of now the counter is 6002 custom maps!

Grauniad

Was a time the community would have made a celebratory map for each milestone....
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Neko187

I'm sure virgil will make a special one for 10k :)
Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC

Kingo

I'll probably include the date of the release of the maps released at the 6000-map mark in an artifact on my next map.
I'll be submitting mine for some time... hope I stick around long enough to see us reach 10k!

Imposter

Do you think 10k will happen? I imagine once CW3 comes out, CW1 will likely take a great fall in newly created maps.

pawel345

Not sure of that, CW3 will make all the games spike in popularity, so I think even more CW1 maps might be created. But we will have to wait quite some time for 10k probably.

Kingo

Yeah, there are still a few mapmakers for CW1 going, like Bacura.
Still, at this rate it may be a while before we hit even 7000 maps.

Anonymeus

I've now been playing CW1 for over an hour a day for about 18 months now. I see no indication of getting bored yet and have every hope that people will continue to be inspired to make new maps for quite some time to come. CW1 is a classic and people will continue to discover and rediscover it.

I can't believe I only paid US$ 4.95 for this game  ;D ;D ;D

Grauniad

Quote from: Anonymeus on August 06, 2013, 04:26:55 PM
I can't believe I only paid US$ 5 for this game  ;D ;D ;D

Feel free to send Virgil the other $494.99!  :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

thepenguin

Quote from: Grauniad on August 06, 2013, 04:32:11 PM
Quote from: Anonymeus on August 06, 2013, 04:26:55 PM
I can't believe I only paid US$ 5 for this game  ;D ;D ;D

Feel free to send Virgil the other $494.99!  :)
plus tax :)
We have become the creeper...

Anonymeus

If you had set up a micropayment system one could subscribe to. Under which for each custom map played a small donation was made to VW and (based on a rating scheme) a fraction to the custom mapmaker as well... (or just to VW for chronom maps....)

I'll be buying CW3 alright - not to play it, but because I want to thank VW for CW1...

CobraKill

Quote from: Anonymeus on August 07, 2013, 12:46:07 PM
I'll be buying CW3 alright - not to play it, but because I want to thank VW for CW1...

You should buy two then. One to pay for CW1 and one to pay for CW3.  :P It's really awesome.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

J

Quote from: Anonymeus on August 07, 2013, 12:46:07 PM
If you had set up a micropayment system one could subscribe to. Under which for each custom map played a small donation was made to VW and (based on a rating scheme) a fraction to the custom mapmaker as well... (or just to VW for chronom maps....)

VW? volkswagen?
on a side note, we mostly refer to virgilw with V instead of VW

Setting up such a micropayment system would require every mapmaker to have an account. But if every registered copy of CW3 had a virtual balance (not allowing anyone to buy coins)... Still turns out bad, don't play any custom maps if you want to keep your coins.

Anonymeus

or perhaps try a CWFAAS* model....?

[*Creeper World Fix As A Service]