Creeper World 4 demo availability:

Started by Karsten75, June 17, 2020, 09:22:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

From knuracker (https://discordapp.com/channels/192420539204239361/368747848046739456/722801718479421460)

QuoteSo I gave up on steam making the demo available on the store page.  20 hours was enough time.  I've 'released' the demo. That forces it on the store page and means the demo is available even after this even ends.  So that's better anyway :slight_smile:  I'll just update the demo over time until the full game releases. So welcome everyone to the ongoing CW4 Demo test :slight_smile:

Alastair_Stokell

Ok great. Seems to be downloading now!

Alastair_Stokell

Game looks great.

Maybe my laptop has a fault though because holding down "R" and moving the mouse doesn't rotate the screen. And without that I can't progress in mission 1.

Will have to get a mouse and hope it works.

Played all the Creeper World games fine without a mouse on my laptop. But not this one.

Karsten75

Quote from: Alastair_Stokell on June 17, 2020, 10:13:29 AM
Game looks great.

Maybe my laptop has a fault though because holding down "R" and moving the mouse doesn't rotate the screen. And without that I can't progress in mission 1.

Will have to get a mouse and hope it works.

Played all the Creeper World games fine without a mouse on my laptop. But not this one.
I asked among the beta testers and this was one response:

QuoteIt is working fine on my touchpad, all i had to do is press R on keyboard and move around via touchpad
no special gestures needed
however i cannot make it work alone by touchpad gesture or something

BilboGCL

Here I have no problem with keeping r pressed and using the touchpad.
AFAIK there is a setting (at least there was on my ASUS IIRC) that prevents using the touchpad when pressing keys and vice versa - maybe have a look at the touchpad settings

Good Luck and
Greetings from The Shire
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

Alastair_Stokell

I spent 2 hours last night trying to find and google the issue with keyboard and touchpad working together. Found a lot of info on what to do but none of it has worked for me.
Now I must try and find a mouse...

Spyder Z

Quote from: Alastair_Stokell on June 18, 2020, 12:54:55 AM
I spent 2 hours last night trying to find and google the issue with keyboard and touchpad working together. Found a lot of info on what to do but none of it has worked for me.
Now I must try and find a mouse...

I'm sure it had to come up in your search, but just in case, have you downloaded the specific driver / software package for your touch pad? Within that, there's a setting to prevent accidental touches.