Bug : Creeper World 4 DEMO

Started by Dushe_h, June 17, 2020, 07:18:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dushe_h

If the Rift Lab re-connected the collector (Not Complete Collect), it will restart collecting.
微笑面对生活

Karsten75

Not sure I understand - what is the bug exactly?

Dushe_h

The collector will make green area to collect energy.
When the area not be complete (picture 1) and Rift Lab not connected with the collector, if I move the Rift Lab to connect with them, they will clear the before green area and restart as I build it just now.
微笑面对生活

Ronini

I think that is how it is supposed to be. If any collector tower is disconnected from the network, it WILL lose its energy production area and rebuild it from scratch once it gets reconnected.

Does it keep the half-built green area for you while disconnected? That it shouldn't do, as far as I can see.

Also: It's good to be back here. I have been away a long long time :D

Karsten75

Quote from: Dushe_h on June 17, 2020, 08:51:15 AM
The collector will make green area to collect energy.
When the area not be complete (picture 1) and Rift Lab not connected with the collector, if I move the Rift Lab to connect with them, they will clear the before green area and restart as I build it just now.

That is not a bug. If you break the connection, the towers will have to re-establish soylent area.

Dushe_h

No, Rift Lab was connected with other towers, not break connect
微笑面对生活

Karsten75

It has to maintain connection through completed towers or pylons. Often-times when the rift lab takes off to fly somewhere else it rises too high to maintain a connection.  Those really are the only ways that what you describe can happen. If you disagree, please create a video that show the exact steps you took to recreate the issue you describe.

Dushe_h

can i have your e-mail address? I can't upload the video
微笑面对生活

Karsten75

I reviewed the video, and never once did the connections break or thw towers lose soylent

Dushe_h

I select the towers of re-collect at last
微笑面对生活

Karsten75

OK, wow, that was a thing. We did identify the bug. It's fairly deep in the code and complex. It is not harmful per se, and can be bypassed (for now) by setting your performance options from "Performance" to "Quality".

Eventually a fix will be forthcoming.

Dushe_h

微笑面对生活