how does fortified creeper flow?

Started by harrymcb, May 29, 2018, 12:06:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

harrymcb

that purple fortified creeper seems to flow strangely. i don't really understand it at all. can anyone tell me what i'm missing in that video?

herobattle530

From what I heard and read, instead of flowing outward like the emitters, it actively moves towards your buildings. That's why you'll see the weird flowing in the picture below, rather than it being emitted in a circle.

Edit: I'm wrong. How embarrassing.

Karsten75

Quote from: harrymcb on May 29, 2018, 12:06:29 AM
that purple fortified creeper seems to flow strangely. i don't really understand it at all. can anyone tell me what i'm missing in that video?

Fortified Creeper follows the flow of creeper at that specific point. For example, if you have nearby mortars firing at the creeper, more creeper needs to flow in to fill. That sets up a flow and the FC will flow in that direction. If the "pool" where the FC originates is nearly stagnant (Eg. near the edge of a map), it will barely spread at all.

In one map I test-played with FC in it, it was a viable strategy to set out an outpost behind (relative to my main base) the Tower and bombard the heck out of nearby normal creeper so it flowed away from my main base and it never threatened the main base and infrastructure.

harrymcb