My two cents

Started by copperrein, January 14, 2018, 09:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

copperrein

I'll prolly come back to this post in the future if I think of more stuff BUT here's what I want to see:

The ability to assign units to groups for quick selection and maneuverability.

I think the crafting I see people discussing may cover the next one but I would like to be able to control the doctrine a weapon uses when auto-targeting. You sort of have it with the cannon as an example: target digitalis or creeper. More control of this...set a priority area for targeting, target nearest creeper, 'guard' an area of terrain, that sort of thing.

I used to build and run scenarios for the navy and we used a system called battle force tactical trainer. The core 'units' were super basic but each could have parameters set to make it look like a commercial tanker, MIG, hostile small craft, etc etc. It looked similar to the DMD config doodad. I would loooove some form of this control over the stock units.

If the navy can do something like this and have it work...it should be cake for a normal human.
I'm old and bitter

Lost in Nowhere

Quote from: copperrein on January 14, 2018, 09:51:03 PMThe ability to assign units to groups for quick selection and maneuverability.
This exists in CW2 and 3, so I'd expect it to probably return in 4.
Don't die! :)

copperrein

I'm old and bitter

Karsten75

Quote from: copperrein on January 15, 2018, 08:19:39 AM
How do I do it in CW3?

Most of what you can do is somehwo in the settings 0 there are keys for it, so even if you can't find the help or a guide, then by looking at the game's settings, you may find which keys allow for this. I hope.

I also wrote a guide

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=244001424

QuoteIf you are going to move the same group of units repeatedly, group them. Ctrl-n (n=1-9) allows for group creation/addition to an existing group. Shift-n (n=1-9) lets you select units in the group.

copperrein

I'm old and bitter

Karsten75