Custom Map #1426: GMM F3. By: FOXX

Started by AutoPost, August 18, 2019, 03:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1426: GMM F3

Author: FOXX
Size: 167x167

Desc:
GoodMorning Mode game. This map takes some time. (i might make an easier version if requested on forum) #BravoGoodMorning #ThanksToBuilder17 #ThanksToYum234 #TiconDefenseRange by Stickman #9OmnisMax #EditStruc #ParticlesOverMiredLand #ThisMapTookSomeTimeToMake

FOXX

If you get confused playing this map don't mind that, just puzzle along. I made this map and i got confused also ;)

Hidden Mire Spawner
There is a hidden mire spawner at coords 110 162
[close]

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

serleth

No mire blockers :O

Much better. Nice map, thanks.

FOXX

Quote from: serleth on August 20, 2019, 01:35:24 AM
No mire blockers :O

Much better. Nice map, thanks.

Welcome Serleth.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Tashen

Awesome map.  It got a little tricky around gate 20 - 30.  I really enjoyed have to go back and close some gates and reopen others in order to progress.  I am normally not a fan of regular ships on maps like these, but you balanced it well where they helped, but you might not need them.  I am not sure if you absolutely needed them because I did use them a little. 

Only constructive criticism is in the beginning I would would probably give out the first 2 amp gems a little faster, or maybe just the second one so we can get the move speed a little sooner to help speed things along when things are pretty easy going.

FOXX

Quote from: Tashen on August 21, 2019, 04:56:17 PM
Awesome map.  It got a little tricky around gate 20 - 30.  I really enjoyed have to go back and close some gates and reopen others in order to progress.  I am normally not a fan of regular ships on maps like these, but you balanced it well where they helped, but you might not need them.  I am not sure if you absolutely needed them because I did use them a little.
Thanks Tashen, i used the ships mostly for clearing out struc in the 2nd part of the map.

QuoteOnly constructive criticism is in the beginning I would would probably give out the first 2 amp gems a little faster, or maybe just the second one so we can get the move speed a little sooner to help speed things along when things are pretty easy going.
Noted, but this is not that kind of map. Here you got to earn those AmpGems ;)

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

slayer18x

The amount of effort, testing, and retesting is shown in dramatic fashion with this map. I have played almost every one of these so I had the mindset to finish it. Imagine starting with this map...... Thank you for your efforts, your maps are very enjoyable.

FOXX

Quote from: slayer18x on August 22, 2019, 08:53:50 AM
The amount of effort, testing, and retesting is shown in dramatic fashion with this map. I have played almost every one of these so I had the mindset to finish it. Imagine starting with this map...... Thank you for your efforts, your maps are very enjoyable.
Yeah, this map was something else to make everything work but turned out good.
Thanks for the compliment Slayer18x and players should better begin the GMM maps with another one then this ;)

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

CyberDyneSystems

I really enjoyed this one! I usefully do like a FOXX map, but this one was a real head scratcher! I don't recall any of these maps every requiring quite as much attention to the gate combos required. Particularly as I got around the lower left corner (24,25 etc.) I was for some time totally flummoxed as to how to proceed.  There simply is no cheat at times, only getting the correct gates open and closed to allow the blue mire advantage.

Very WELL DONE sir!

Thank you.

FOXX

Quote from: CyberDyneSystems on September 02, 2019, 05:05:20 PM
I really enjoyed this one! I usefully do like a FOXX map, but this one was a real head scratcher! I don't recall any of these maps every requiring quite as much attention to the gate combos required. Particularly as I got around the lower left corner (24,25 etc.) I was for some time totally flummoxed as to how to proceed.  There simply is no cheat at times, only getting the correct gates open and closed to allow the blue mire advantage.

Very WELL DONE sir!

Thank you.
Thank You CyberDyneSystems and Welcome.
Yeah, that corner. In an earlier finalize run i could not past that corner so had to go back into the editor and redo a bit. When finalizing for real i still got stuck there :)
I guess more players have that , Darkrubberneck got stuck also ->
Maybe i'll make another GMM map later on if i feel like to because this map was something else to make.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

reddwarf12

Dastardly!  Sinister!  Nefarious and shrewd.  Loved it!

FOXX

Quote from: reddwarf12 on September 03, 2019, 10:24:56 AM
Dastardly!  Sinister!  Nefarious and shrewd.  Loved it!
:)
Thanks Reddwarf12.

Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Xorgye

Found this map to be one of the more interesting of this type lately.
You have to give back some land to gain new possibilities. And doing some suicide runs to get the right 'locks' unlocked.

Corner was indeed hard but thereof fun.

In the beginning this type of maps where much more fun because you could use different approaches if you knew how to 'cheat' the map. Getting my timing down in reruns was part of the fun.
Now most of the maps are getting the order right, so it more of becomes a tedious process.

(I really love the guys that make these kinds of maps! This kind of map is also available in Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal. It takes a lot of time to make these maps right.)

FOXX

Quote from: Xorgye on September 18, 2019, 10:18:07 AM
Found this map to be one of the more interesting of this type lately.
You have to give back some land to gain new possibilities. And doing some suicide runs to get the right 'locks' unlocked.

Corner was indeed hard but thereof fun.

In the beginning this type of maps where much more fun because you could use different approaches if you knew how to 'cheat' the map. Getting my timing down in reruns was part of the fun.
Now most of the maps are getting the order right, so it more of becomes a tedious process.

(I really love the guys that make these kinds of maps! This kind of map is also available in Creeper World 3: Arc Eternal. It takes a lot of time to make these maps right.)

Hi Xorgye,

Welcome here (saw you had only 4 posts).

These LandBridge maps originated in CW3 and the idea was transferred into PRPL (PF scripting). Yum234 and Builder17 made quit some GMM (the name of this PF system) maps and i jumped in on it later on.
The GMM Maps i have made mostly have a sort of route to take and this map i worked on lots of hours. Didn't count the hours but 40+ easily.

Glad you like these maps.
Greets
FOXX
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

Builder17

Quote from: Xorgye on September 18, 2019, 10:18:07 AM

Maybe I should make one with ability to speedrun better? :)