Custom Map: IkeaPimp's Rush

Started by AutoPost, December 03, 2010, 11:07:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map: IkeaPimp's Rush

Author: IkeaPimp

Desc:
You have a 7 minutes before the bomb goes off.
(insert ticking clock from "24" here)

Fisherck

Nice and enjoyable map. It took me a couple tries to decide what I could hold, and what I needed to build. Good map! Thanks for making it.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

misha

I don't see how to do this map.  7 mortars and 7 or so SAM's do nothing to stop the creeper.  What else can you build in 7 minutes?

Karsten75

Spoiler
Don't expand further than the first wall. Initially concentrate on energy. Go slow but steady so you build without going into a deficit. Collect no more than 4 upgrades initially. Wen you have in the 15+ range of energy, build the required 14 SAMS, 5 mortars, some blasters and a boatload of drones - take the fight to the emitters with the drones. Again, build out even your weapons slow so you don't go into a massive deficit when the final wall breaks.

Here is a short video of how I get started. The video is up to the 1st spore wave - if you follow my plan, there is no second spore wave. :) Although, if there was, it would not be a problem to beat either.

You need about 3-4 blasters on each emitter to contain it enough to connect the totems.

[close]

Added spoiler tags. -G.

IkeaPimp

Nice video, Karsten!  While I was testing the level, I didn't use any mortars but your method seems to work just as well.

misha

You must have some special codes or something I don't know about to be able to build that much stuff that quickly.

Thanks anyway.

IkeaPimp

There are no special codes (that I know of).  It's all about building up a lot of power (up to 18-20 units/sec) before building weapons.  Don't even bother with mortars, just use drones and blasters.  It's not hard, just a bit tedious 'cause you have to pause a lot to make sure you're doing everything efficiently.