Custom Map #1730: Volcanic Activity. By: Up-Level

Started by AutoPost, June 10, 2021, 04:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1730: Volcanic Activity

Author: Up-Level
Size: 320x180

Shatterstep

Love the visual effects. So pretty. Interesting game mechanic too.

alche

i was fun, took some time to terp my way in. i would have loved something that increased the amount of meteors as you progressed

Argonwolf

If you didn't spend a ridiculous amount of time creating this map, then you could've fooled me. The ground looks like actual igneous extrusions, not just the neat texture animation effect but the way it was sculpted. The custom events are unique, creative and challenging. Twice I had those accursed pyroclastic bombs erase a square mile of my front line when I was right up against the volcano, but finally I wised up and built a few hundred dummy collector towers in my main base to lower the probability of a frontline attack. This map had me swearing like a 12 year old on Call of Duty and I don't regret a second of it. The only flaw I could possibly think of would be that due to the flat trajectory of the bombs they, unlike spores, simply cannot be shot down if they target a very close unit. The second front line wipe happened with SIX missile launchers covering the volcano, one of which had an ERN.

But you know what? I like maps that can make me mad in a good way. And this map has everything. It's gorgeous, it's challenging, it's one-of-a-kind and frankly I wish a whole lot more maps were like it, and it pains me that I have only one thumbs up to give it.

CS Z

"Build launchers"

Okay I've already built a few launchers.  I think I'm ready for whatever is probably about to happen.

Oh.

You meant:

Spoiler
"Hey dummy!  BUILD LAUNCHERS!!!!  Literally as many as you can build!!!  And build a small army of Terps too."
[close]

Sigh.

Neat visual effects though.  Took me a bit to figure out how you did the void since I got distracted by the level 1 terrain modifier 4RPL script.