DMD Tutorial?

Started by Helper, August 16, 2020, 02:57:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helper

Karsten75

I assume your questions were answered? I've been pondering them ever since you asked them, since they were a bit vague and undefined. I've finally figured out what might be sufficiently helpful answers without writing a book, and now I see you have essentially redacted your question?

Helper

K75 -
Thank you for responding.
I kind of figured that after 12-15 views and no responses, I was posting in the wrong area.
If you have some ideas, I would much appreciate reading them.
I'm almost certain that I've done DMD maps before, but am drawing a complete blank on the process.
Thanks,
H

BilboGCL

Hi,
I don't know your questions but I can tell you for sure you've already made DMD maps ;)

Greetings from The Shire!
Hey, come to the dark side Discord, we have cookies!

Helper

@Bilbo,
Thank you for showing that. I was sure I had, but it has been a very long time. The map numbers are in the 500's, and we were all much younger then, (with better memory functions).

The problem is that I go into the DMD screen and select "Edit DMD Map". After fooling around with the terrain, enemies, etc., and then "Launch Mission", I can't finish the map. I kill off everything, but there is no end. I don't know what sets end game conditions (if anything). I tried creating a new map and including an Inhibitor, but killing that doesn't end the game either.

I thought sure there would be a FAQ or tutorial on creating DMD maps and was looking for a link to it.
Thanks,
H

Helper

It's Emily Litella time (nevermind).

I don't know what the heck happened, but this time everything worked as expected.
A simple game is now posted up there.
I forgot how much fun DMD games can be.
Thanks,
H

Helper

Quote from: Karsten75 on August 17, 2020, 06:58:41 AM
I assume your questions were answered? I've been pondering them ever since you asked them, since they were a bit vague and undefined. I've finally figured out what might be sufficiently helpful answers without writing a book, and now I see you have essentially redacted your question?

You going to post your sufficiently helpful comments?
Since this is the DMD Map Discussion thread, there just might be some other folks who would look for advice in a "DMD Tutorial" post.

For that matter, I'll probably need a refresher after I go on vacation next month.
H

Karsten75

Quote from: Helper on August 19, 2020, 05:06:07 AM

You going to post your sufficiently helpful comments?
Since this is the DMD Map Discussion thread, there just might be some other folks who would look for advice in a "DMD Tutorial" post.

For that matter, I'll probably need a refresher after I go on vacation next month.
H
memory... :)

I forgot what it was that you originally asked. I thought you figured things out?

If not, ask again, don't delete it, and I'll do my best. Not in the tutorial business, but I might be able to answer the questions that you have.