Checkpoint

Started by Cheesy, November 07, 2011, 02:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheesy

Making a series that's probably going to go on for awhile, mainly I'm just trying to get better at map making while maintaining an interesting story. In retrospect, I probably labeled checkpoint 1 parts 1 and 2 harder than they actually are.

Hints (will be updated)

Checkpoint 1
Part 1:
Spoiler
I left you some presents, use what you can while you can.
[close]
Part 2:
Spoiler
Sometimes high ground isn't always the best option when going for the totem
[close]

Checkpoint 2
Spoiler
Try to keep the Thor on the move so it can cover more ground and let you expand farther in the beginning
[close]

Checkpoint 3
Part 1:
Spoiler
The spores are a much more immediate threat than the emitters are, so gather that audience up
[close]
Part 2:
Spoiler
Be careful with your blasters, you only have so many, and try not to lose them. Its a simple win with easy emitters, but I did leave a couple blaster traps
[close]
Part 3:
Spoiler
Unconventionality is your best friend here... and the islands in the lake, they're pretty good friends too, but after youve rescued everyone, go conventional
[close]
Part 4:
Spoiler
Really you shouldnt need any help on this one, its only purpose is to further the story. Despite how easy it is, i feel that it's quite a sight, and humorously annoying. It conveys the feeling that the whole planet is falling apart... although really if you don't finish in under 5 minutes you are dead
[close]

Checkpoint 4 (still in production)

EDIT: Checkpoint 3 is released

CtopherMI

Keep going at them.  They are interesting maps, fun to play without taking too much time, though I don't think you expected that last one to be done quite so fast (7 seconds?).  Seems like a lot of work for such short game play, but yes, it did give a sense of despair to it.

Thanks for making them!

Chris