new maps

Started by jem, March 06, 2010, 04:21:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jem

mostly i see every day new maps, but today i saw 3 times new map. wow
remember to play my maps. maps from the player jem! http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=jem

knucracker

Yes, the system I created over the last week for map approvals is finally online.  I have recruited karsten75 to review maps that are posted to the pending queue.  So this should help speed things along so that the queue can get worked down and caught up.

Sniper

I was also surprised what happened :-)
If you think noone watchs you, my agents will get bonus.

jem

and again new maps. this goes much to fast
remember to play my maps. maps from the player jem! http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=jem

Karsten75

Between Virgil and I we approved 34 maps today. Since no new maps were approved yesterday, that's a little more than than average, but it serves to break down the backlog of waiting maps. Incidentally, you can now see the backlog of maps waiting for approval here: http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/uploadmap.php.

I will probably try to clear out the backlog tomorrow.

Have fun, some of the maps were quite interesting.

hi

I got a question: what exactly do you check on the maps before they can get approved?

betadata

Its great that People from creeper nation are willing to help out. Hopefully this may limit the maps that are not winnable.

Karsten75

Quote from: hi on March 06, 2010, 06:51:25 PM
I got a question: what exactly do you check on the maps before they can get approved?

Quote from: betadata on March 06, 2010, 06:59:23 PM
Its great that People from creeper nation are willing to help out. Hopefully this may limit the maps that are not winnable.

I will let Virgil decide what he wants to reveal about the approval process, but I can tell you that "winnable" is not one of the criteria that we use. Fortunately, since who should be the judge of that? Me or Siccles or someone in between? :)

The ultimate consensus of winnable maps are up to the community that plays each map.

knucracker

In short, maps are checked to make sure they don't contain offensive material or images.  They are also checked to make sure they don't contain so many structures that that won't start properly.  If they contain a bunch of stuff, a "CPU INTENSIVE"  warning is added to the description.  Sometimes I play maps to completion, sometimes not.  I do eyeball the maps so that if it is immediately clear there is a problem (like a totem on top of a crazonium wall... yes, people do this), I reject it.

betadata

What I meant by "winnable" is the totems are accessible to be connected by some means. I find it very frustrating to spend time battling to a totem to find out that there is no way to connect it. I am not expecting anyone to use judgment on what is winnable, this would not be fair to the map makers nor the players that like a very hard map.

Karsten75

No, this is something that the community have to figure out. It is not always possible to determine this without being able to play the game to completion. It might be that there is a specific "trick" that the mapmaker discoverd and is testing the community with.