The Fort feedback

Started by FortyCakes, November 30, 2009, 07:56:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FortyCakes

I was wondering what you guys thought of my Fort map. It was designed as an excersise in quickly containing Creeper and applying force when the approaches are limited. It's listed as 41 downloads, so there must be someone who's tried it  ::)

djcian

i liked it.  i seem to really like the maps with a non-natural terrain.  it had many areas to defend from which i also liked.  but what i really liked is how you have to defend from multiple areas in different ways because all the creeper emitters are in different terrain features and have different ways to overcome them
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

knucracker

This was a wicked map.... very good use of real estate without being too confusing.  The canals were well done too.  The first thing I did on this map was move the city up and left so I could connect to the existing collectors.  Then I made a straight effort to deal with the emitters on the top of the map.

FortyCakes

Ooh, did I miss a spot? You weren't supposed to be able to move the city. I think the top-middle emitter may have been too easy to contain, but there's a trick to it. I'll probably make a more challenging version at some point, as I've (just) finished it without the inner walls getting touched.

Is there any way of finding out what the highest score on this map has been? Mine's 7782, which I suspect isn't great.

knucracker

Here's a screenshot of the end of my game.  The city is sitting in the spot I first moved it to.  This is a pretty good starting spot for the city (I think... I've not tried keeping it in the original starting spot).