Map Testing

Started by Michionlion, September 18, 2011, 11:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

In the cw1 custom map board there was a topic for community map testing.  Here's one for cw2. 

Note: it would be better if you didn't post your map file here, but asked for a pm or something so that people don't steal it.  (it has happened)

EDIT:  PM me if you would like to test my newest map (that i can't seem to beat) 'Down to the Mine'.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

lich98

If you would like to test my newest map Please PM me and i'll give it to you.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

CobraKill

I have my help :P (Thanks Colin!)
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

FreeForTaking

Heya everyone!  :)

Just wondering if anyone would like to test my map, It's the first one in some epic series that I'm going to create! ^^
Just send a pm on the forums, and I'll provide a link ;)

Would be happy about any criticism whatsoever, and especially on the artwork :P

TonyP2000

Whats up?

I have an intense custom map called Drone Storm that I need tested.

If anyone is interested please PM.

Thanks!
Vote Tony!

TonyP2000

Here is the link to Drone Storm V2 (V1 was simply the layout without any drones except for "Big Daddy")

I have not put in text yet, the map is very unbalanced and there is still lots of things that need to be fixed.
Feedback is greatly appreciated!!!!!

Thanks!
Vote Tony!

Cavemaniac

Wow!

You really don't like your map testers much do you?!

After playing this for 15 minutes I feel like my face has been hit with a belt sander!!!

I love loads of elements of this game.

I've not completed it yet (have you?) and I'll give it some more play/thought before replying in more detail.

This was just to let you know that I'm on it, and loving the storm of drones - as opposed to the Teddybear Picnic of drones!

Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

TonyP2000

Awesome, Expect V3 to be out on the weekend, this will have all the fields set up as well as the text.

I did not last very long on this map at all, do you have any ideas I can use to make this easier without being too easy?
Vote Tony!

Cavemaniac

Quote from: TonyP2000 on October 14, 2011, 12:19:51 AM

do you have any ideas I can use to make this easier without being too easy?

I was thinking that I wish I had some ore, so I could build Makers to create pools for that big sucker to swim through...

But as I've not yet completed it, that may not be required. The big sucker could well just be a red herring, sort of a timer, collect the capsules before it arrives!!!!!!!

Actually, Makers would be useful on both of the bottom drone swarms/creeper pools...

How about giving us just one C-Bomb at a time to create anticreeper we can vacuum? As the creeper isn't very dense, it'd not unbalance the map too much.

Just thinking aloud.

Post the update any time you like and I'll keep at it!

I hope to beat the beggar!

TonyP2000

The "big sucker" -or as I call him- Big Daddy is more of a timer, you are best off getting the capsules before he comes in and basically destroys your whole infrastructure, and even your ship! I am going to add makers and ore to V3.

I have not lasted long myself, but I am working on balancing it out. So keep on playing and keep bringing in this awesome feedback. I am going to see if some betas can give it a shot.

>Tony
Vote Tony!

Cavemaniac

Quote from: TonyP2000 on October 14, 2011, 04:10:34 PM

Big Daddy is more of a timer

Ha!

I knew it! You were just messing with us!

Actually, the biggest help would be some ready made tech domes or a load of crystals to start with - you get off to quite a slow start and you NEED your fire rate (or range - you choose) upgraded before you crack open the hoard...

Looking forward to the next version - Virgil's upgrade came just in time, the boost and formation buttons will make things much easier.

mthw2vc

You can open the chambers safely without either, but good luck advancing quickly without both. As is, there is plenty of time before the superdrone reaches you, and due to its incredibly slow speed, it would be far from impossible to kill it after it arrives.

TonyP2000

Here is Version 3! I added ore as well as made things a little bit easier. Enjoy

Edit: Also tell me if it is too hard are too easy.

Vote Tony!

lich98

love the text! ;D

EDIT: could someone beat my map and tell me whats its missing or i need to add. No pranking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

MadMag

Map: Vulkan

Can you get to the capsule and rescue the people there?