ancient ruins feedback

Started by djcian, November 27, 2009, 12:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcian

give me some feedback on the map ancient ruins. if people like it i will turn it into a campaign

EDIT: it is now a campaign
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Mrmcdeath

I like it. Although a good idea would be to put openings in the walls so that they are like buildings and have the creeper come out of one or two buildings. That would be cooler. But i like the idea of huge walls.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

knucracker

Interesting map..... only having a couple of spots to get out of your starting position makes for some interesting tactical choices.

djcian

I've decided to make it a mini campaign.  i will be making the second one shortly. 
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

knucracker

Cool concept with the 'columns' of creeper.  This one took me like 28 minutes to finish first time through.  I methodically used two blasters to pin down each column... with a little drone air support to move things along.  I almost lost the mission near the beginning since I was trying to cap the lower left emitter and I left only a single blaster to defend the northern pass.  I had to fall back and build a mortar and was barely able to hold on while I capped the lower left emitter.  But once he was capped, I redeployed all resources and took the columns out one by one.

Aurzel

ah, i like stuff that can be taken methodically, slow and steady wins the race :P

djcian

well if you haven't noticed pt 3 is on the website. i didn't think it was that good but the other missions i am planning are going to be better. also feedback about the story would be appreciated

knucracker

I thought the stuff about the chemicals being related to the Creeper and the fossilized creeper that is inside the artifact was pretty cool...
Makes me want to know more about some big reveal that must be coming up.

Map wise I liked fighting into the central core to cap those emitters.  The surrounding small pyramids made me approach from a couple of different alleys.  Makes me wonder what a "maze" map would play like.  As in a maze where you can't put units on the maze walls, just down inside the maze alleys.

Mrmcdeath

Wonder no longer... im on it! ;D ;D ;D
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

djcian

the fourth map has been uploaded and will be out soon.  some of the mystery is revealed.  it also contains spoilers for the end of the creeper world official campaign. don't play my map until you have finished the game's official campaign

knucracker

Woot!  Ha.... I absolutely burst out laughing when I picked up one of the artifacts in pt 4 and read the text.  Pretty funny.

djcian

the last mission has been entered.  the story has reached the ending.  have fun.  also it is weird and funny how usually the game designer doesn't comment in their forums but in this case he is almost the only one commenting on my maps. i appreciate how social he is

i will make more maps with an ancient ruins sort of look but not part of the story.  i did it that way because i am not good at making natural landforms that i can be sure is not going to have some extra space i overlooked where you can build or some such

betadata

excellent maps. The last one took me many tries to beat. I build out too fast. and those spore attacks  :o  Great Job thank you  ;D

CyberDyneSystems

I just finished the campaign as it stands now.

I have to say, some of these look very simple at first, but end up taking time to complete,. again the methodical approach.
I enjoyed these maps tremendously.

Some of them would benefit from a higher creep level,. you have openings for creep that the level will never reach. Other than that point, I think your gameplay is excellent.

More? :) :)