General Feedback

Started by Apocalypstic, November 25, 2009, 04:27:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Apocalypstic

So, I was thinking about listening to some criticism on my maps, so tell me in your honest opinion...how are my maps? Hard? Stupid? Stupidly hard? Lacking in taste? Feeling? Too easy? Simple? Difficult? Complicated?
Look over here! Is it a word?! Is it a sentence?! No! It's a distraction!

Aurzel

you excel at making the hardcore/diehard maps that people look for when they want an extreme or unusual challenge, 'nuff said lol

knucracker

Your maps are definitely 'challenge' maps....  Anybody who finishes the game or just otherwise plays a bunch will definitely enjoy the the difficulty of the maps.  Since you have an obvious talent for making maps, I wouldn't mind also seeing some easier maps that aren't real difficult to win, but that allow a player to strive to develop the most efficient solution that takes the least amount of time.  I also like maps where you can cap off emitters then divert resources to assaulting other areas.  This gives a sense of mid-mission accomplishment.  These are just personal preferences, though, so others may have other opinions.

In any case, your maps are great and the emerging Creeper World community definitely benefits from your creations!

Virgil

knucracker

I have to say that I think I prefer your maps without custom backgrounds.  The ones with the backgrounds are a little hard to play since some of the backgrounds contain blue.  This is just my personal taste... others might prefer the challenge.

jspatr2

You are the reason I got on this forum.  I beat valley gaurd extreme.  It was so hard!  I feel like i have now conquered the entire creeper game. 

Aurzel

wow thread rez, i wonder where he's got to anyway apocalypstic hasnt been around for about a week now

UpperKEES

I've just been trying Devil's Den for hours. It's a great puzzle, which I like a lot. :)

I can't solve it however. I finally was able to charge all totems (in 3 min 50 sec), but it turns out I need to collect all artifacts and deposits (both 4 more) as well. Could you maybe give a few hints? I don't see how I can survive the first flooding after 4 minutes. At the moment I use blasters against the spores, which I use later to get to the totems with the aid of 2 drones. I sacrifice 2 collectors, so my reactors won't get hit by the spores. Any help is kindly appreciated.

One negative remark: when you're trying for hours, clicking away the artifact messages every few minutes becomes rather boring....
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

tpatana

I love making maps, sometimes more than playing games even.

I loved the TS, and the demo too so I wanted to make a map. Unfortunately I can't play the map I made, so I thought to post it so people could play it and comment if it's any good or not. Difficult to judge by myself as I didn't even play it...

But at the submit, it says:

***You must have played your map before submitting it.***
***You must confirm that the map can be won.***

So does that mean I cannot make maps if I don't buy the game?

Karsten75

Quote from: tpatana on February 02, 2010, 03:43:34 PM

I love making maps, sometimes more than playing games even.

I loved the TS, and the demo too so I wanted to make a map. Unfortunately I can't play the map I made, so I thought to post it so people could play it and comment if it's any good or not. Difficult to judge by myself as I didn't even play it...

But at the submit, it says:

***You must have played your map before submitting it.***
***You must confirm that the map can be won.***

You can make as many maps as you wish. What it does mean is that you cannot expect to upload maps to a server and expect others to bear the cost of you wanting people to play your maps if you have not paid the measly $10 that the games costs.

UpperKEES

Quote from: UpperKEES on February 01, 2010, 09:46:17 PM
Any help is kindly appreciated.
Just finished it in 3:56 / 9382 (with room for improvement) after some help from Siccles and even more important: the knowledge that I didn't have to pick up the deposits.  :P
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

tpatana

Quote from: Karsten75 on February 02, 2010, 04:09:13 PM
Quote from: tpatana on February 02, 2010, 03:43:34 PM

You can make as many maps as you wish. What it does mean is that you cannot expect to upload maps to a server and expect others to bear the cost of you wanting people to play your maps if you have not paid the measly $10 that the games costs.

Not sure if I follow you completely.

For one, if I can't play nor submit the tracks, it basically means I can't make maps, or at most they are as useful as drawing one with MSPaint.

And especially your second sentence I don't understand what you try to say. "expect others to bear the cost of you wanting people to play your maps " So you're saying it'd be burden for people to play the maps, unless I pay $10?

If I make nice map and someone plays it, what difference does it make if I paid for the full version of the game or not?? He cannot enjoy the map if I don't have full version (which he wouldn't know anyway)?

So you want to clarify your meaning, I must have misunderstood something.

Aurzel

i think he means other people shouldnt have to playtest the map for you, since you're not sure if your map works

tpatana

Quote from: Aurzel on February 03, 2010, 05:17:37 PM
i think he means other people shouldnt have to playtest the map for you, since you're not sure if your map works

That one I kinda agree, so it comes back to the fact that you can't make maps without the full version.

SPIFFEN

PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

tpatana

Yey, I got the full version now. The map I initially made, was impossible for me at least. I made few modifications and after several attempts I was able to finish the map. I'm sure you guys would make it easily.

I posted it on the upload section, when it's online I'd be happy to receive c&c.