Portability of custom map scores

Started by UpperKEES, February 22, 2010, 07:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UpperKEES

During the weekends I often play CW on the laptop of my girlfriend. I copy the gamedata.dat file and after the weekend I put it back, which works fine with all ingame maps.

When I copied all the downloaded custom maps into the 'customgames' folder and started CW, I did not see my scores for these (still at zero). How can I bring these scores over as well?
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

knucracker

The only way to get this to work is to copy the custom games from one machine to the other (the actual game files in your creeperworld\customgames folder).  Scores in your gamedata.dat file are tied to the specific files and file names on a given machine.  When you import a game, it will be given a random name.  This name has to match for you to see your local score.  Hence why you have to copy the files from one machine to the other.

Note that the local scores don't have anything to do with your online scores.  Online scores are posted at the time a map is completed.  The local scores are just for your own reference, or for people who don't want to post scores (or can't).

UpperKEES

Thanks Virgil!

I figured it had to be something like that, as the 'gamedata.dat' did change after playing a custom map. I keep these scores as a reference for myself (to indicate that I've played the map and to see if it's worth improving it).

If I copy downloaded custom maps to the 'customgames' folder myself (and thus avoiding the renaming), would I bypass the need to copy exactly these files as long as I do the same at home?
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview