Custom Map Rift Idea

Started by teengamer, August 25, 2011, 11:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

teengamer

what if the creator could link together only certain rifts together? For instance, I have 4 areas of a map. I want there to be portals in each area link it to the next. for instance, area 1 has portal 1, which is connected to portal 2, in area 2. Also in area 2 is portal 3, which is hooked up to portal 4 in area 3. Also in area 3 is portal 5 which is hooked up into portal 6, in area 4.

What are your thoughts about this idea?

thepenguin

good idea, already suggested in beta, I think
We have become the creeper...

J

Yes it's a very good idea.

@TP we can't read anything in the beta forums

Fisherck

With types of microrifts like this, moving creeper through them can also be established. That is one thing I would like. But being able to determine which goes where would be a problem...
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

thepenguin

Quote from: J on August 25, 2011, 11:57:02 AM
Yes it's a very good idea.

@TP we can't read anything in the beta forums

I know that, thus I told you :)

Grabarz

I quite fail to realize the point of this other than moving creeper, since everything moves to nearest rifts...
And if that's the only point, I think it's not worth it.

thepenguin

Quote from: Grabarz on August 25, 2011, 12:05:13 PM
I quite fail to realize the point of this other than moving creeper, since everything moves to nearest rifts...

currently, the M-Rifts all network with each other

this would force you to take them over in a certain order

teengamer

Quote from: thepenguin on August 25, 2011, 12:20:12 PM
Quote from: Grabarz on August 25, 2011, 12:05:13 PM

currently, the M-Rifts all network with each other

this would force you to take them over in a certain order
Exactly. Because I want my maps to have to take over sectors or areas in a certain order, by using rifts.

Ranakastrasz

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=7714.0

This map somewhat simulates a microrift by making a pin field rapidly teleport between the two points.

Lord_Farin

Quote from: Ranakastrasz on August 25, 2011, 03:57:22 PM
http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=7714.0

This map somewhat simulates a microrift by making a pin field rapidly teleport between the two points.
It seems however, that fields do not take with them packets or weapons... But I still think this isn't really necessary as chambers being (almost) sealed off can be moved around the map as the maker thinks suitable. I also imagine the potential misunderstanding for the eventual players would be a big down vote.
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

Ranakastrasz

I wonder if you could abuse beacons to require you to place a beacon to access a micro-rift (sealed off by dig-able terrain, as well as fields protecting it from destruction by creeper)
However, if you were to upgrade beacon range, that would screw with it, so I then want the option to disable certain upgrades in custom maps, and possible set their initial level.

Lord_Farin

You could surround the rifts with creeper in pin fields, and then use certain teleport positions for AC that wipe it out if you have got to the correct point in the map (hm. this idea doesn't even sound *too* bad; it could actually work)
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

thepenguin

Quote from: Lord_Farin on August 25, 2011, 06:01:13 PM
You could surround the rifts with creeper in pin fields, and then use certain teleport positions for AC that wipe it out if you have got to the correct point in the map (hm. this idea doesn't even sound *too* bad; it could actually work)

I've actually used this technique to make an "invisible" row of ground