On The Run feedback

Started by Aurzel, November 22, 2009, 05:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aurzel

On The Run is the first level of a campaign that's a work in progress atm, i'd apreciate any and all feedback on it on how to make it better, what you liked/didnt like, and what you like to see in future levels as well as where you think the story might go ;)

GraySpot

This is a way cool map.  I like the story.  I cant wait to find out why they had to leave in such a hurry.

Aurzel

teaser for the 2nd map ... you wont find out mwahahah, but you might on the 3rd ;)

knucracker

lvl 2 has been posted....
Great level.  I like the lower right hand corner with the intense pool of creeper..... but it is still very manageable.  I ended up only building one mortar to keep it at bay.  After that I ran relays/collectors up to each crescent  and capped each emitter and then got the city the heck out of there.  I pulled a 8,706 score on my first attempt.

I like the progression of the story so far.  A series of medium level maps than can be done in 10 minutes will give you time to build a story... then you can hit us with a challenge map at a key story point....

Looking forward to lvl 3!

Aurzel

actually lvl 3 is almost done except for ironing over the txt for corrections and maybe a bit of emitter tweaking, but you wont get it till the weekend :P

Aurzel

i'd appreciate more people to review and give feedback, lvl 3 will be up tomorrow

knucracker

Lvl 3 is up....
Interesting map.  The first time I played it I didn't rush to get the artifact.... so I had to fight my way to it later.  That was one stiff fight.  The second time I wised up and flew the city over to collect the artifact first, then focused on the emitter.

Aurzel

i try to keep my maps with a kinda rushed feel if you want it easy you gotta work hard at the start, just remember if in the briefing at the beginning the characters are saying they gotta get to something quick, they mean it ;)

djcian

i liked some of the maps ideas like the overlapping generator being special because they are overlapped but after you got to it that was it.  you just finish it up easily.  i would actually rate it easy or medium because of how powerful you are after reaching the generator.  but except for that i liked how the map terrain was made and some of the ideas.  also the first time i played there was a small graphical error where the collectors near the generator at the start were invisible and any wires i set over them would disappear.  but the weirdest thing was it was normal on my second try
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Aurzel

dunno i never had that error, and the rating was due to if you dont build to the drones immediately it gets hard to hold the creeper back without them

knucracker

Level 5.... pretty cool I have to say.  My time was terrible on my first attempt... something like 24 minutes.  I sort of stalemated till I decided to go for it and take the high mound with the survival pod.  The mighty Odin City Air Force (OCAF :) helped make this possible.  A few drones provided air support while I launched an across the river beachhead with a relay.  Two blasters and a mortar made up the landing force.  Once I planted my flag on the hill it was pay back time.

Aurzel

heheh, once you get the sams up its pretty easy to turtle, the difficult bit is pushing over the river, i'd like to hear how you do if you play it a second time

Aurzel

after a brief hiatus while the new map editor was being tested, as of tomorrow this campaign will be back up and running with 2 more thrilling levels, they're easier than the rest have been but they need a bit of thinking and strategy ;)
look forward to reviews once they're uploaded

Aurzel

seems someone only gave my 6th mission a rating of 1, is there a reason or is it just someone being mean?

Mrmcdeath

Whoever did it needs to be pulled out in the street and shot in the head! (lol just kidding  ;D) But Nobody should of done that unless for a good reason. I haven't used the rating systems yet so I might just rate it five.... PS: I really like it.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.