Creeper World: User Space MAP NOMINATIONS

Started by knucracker, June 20, 2011, 12:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

As some of you are aware, I plan to release a new free flash title called Creeper World: User Space.  This will be the Creeper World engine and 12 custom maps.  So...
We have thousands to choose from and I would like to take nominations for which maps should be included. 

--- !!!READ THE RULES BEFORE POSTING!!!! ---

Rules and guidelines
-------------------
- You can nominate up to 20 maps.  No more

- To nominate, you simply post to this thread.  Do not post more than one reply.  You can edit your post to add more maps.  But THERE MUST NOT BE MORE THAN ONE POST FROM ANY SINGLE USER ON THIS THREAD.  If you post more than once on this thread, subsequent posts will be deleted.  You are free to post on other topics to discuss your choices, or collaborate with others.  I just want this thread to be a clean nomination thread.

- Nominated maps should be posted in the following form:
One map per line that with the following fields.
[Map #, Title, Author, Reason it should be included]
The map # you can get by looking at the URL after clicking on the map.
Example:
#69, The 'Incident', Virgil, Nice story, and not frustrating to play
#3847, The Settlers, MadMag, Beautiful graphics plus high rating.

- I am looking for a range of map types and difficulty.  I will only be including 3-4 'very hard' maps.  The first 3-4 maps I include will be 'easy', the last 3-4 will be pretty hard, and the ones in the middle should be average difficulty. Keep this in mind when nominating maps.

- I will be including 3+ maps that have custom graphics.  These look good and are good attractions to play the game.

- Depending on the number of nominated maps I receive, I will either choose the final maps from the nominated maps myself, or I will run a one or more polls to help decide.

- Do not be shocked if I either include or exclude maps that mentioned on this nomination thread.

- Do not be shocked if I make minor edits to any included map.  I may edit the map, or any of the text and story as is appropriate to fix issues or make things better or 'G' rated.

- Do not assume that the final included maps are the 'best' maps.  In many ways, I don't want to include the absolute best maps since CW:US is ultimately designed to help bring people here so they can consider purchasing the full game(s) . 

CobraKill

Well I probably nominate maps that are too hard, too easy or just bad, but here it goes!

#1908, CASTLES, cquante, I thoughrly (spell fail) enjoyed having to go fast, easy though maybe first couple of levels

#4299, First Encounters Part 1, Ebon_Heart, very hard but great story and gameplay.

I just had a great Idea! What if we modify the maps a liitle to create a short story!
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Sqaz

Map #2308; Nice Job 18: The Chemist; UpperKEES; Custom background one of the easy NJ's fun to play
Map #1656; Multitask; Sqaz; I made it, quite easy, special concept and the beginning of many likewise maps
Map #557; Alien alter ruin; Sauffaus; Custom background, special tactics, very hard
Map #1033; Black and White; Xylnalya; Kinda Custom background, a lot of fun to play (enough fun that I still remembered this map after all those months)
Map #232; Lost Temple; It's Fun to Lose; Lot of tactics involved, very hard, special kind of map, looks nice

Expect more nominations...

Ebon Heart

#3790, Creeper Hollow, MadMag, Great story, graphics, and gameplay, a wonderfully balanced map.
#4139, Terrain: Pyramid, The Commander, nice map, not a lot of pressure at the start, but still very well made with good design, and balance.
#4154, Psychotic, Drew Kearns, beautiful design combined with excellent gameplay and balance.
#2262, Nice Job 17: The Gamer, UpperKEES, very nice design, and gameplay. And an awesome job, with a hidden peek at the creeper world 1 story mode.
#4299, First Encounters Part One, Ebon_Heart, since everyone else is posting their own maps.... This one has a great design, good ratings/comments, and great gameplay. If made for this user space game, it may need to be tuned down a bit...
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Michionlion

Map 4259, Gold Miners Path, Madmag, very fun to play, good backstory, and pretty good graphics
Map 3291, By a River, Michionlion, high ratings, easy, has a bit of everything (sort of  ;))

Expect more...
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

TonyP2000

# 3231, Infrastructure, PHOENIX79, fun map with an interesting idea
# 4183, Forest Fire!, Ben, This map have a very clever premise to it. It is also pretty challenging.
# 4310, Beryllium, TonyP2000, (yes, I made this map myself  ;) , but I am proud how this one turned out). It is a medium difficulty map with a time cap on it (40 mins), it is inspired by infrastructure and shows some fun things you can do with the map editor.
# 6698, SPIFFENs Maze, You got to have a SPIFFEN map! This one is cool because of all the different paths you could take.
# 4375, Nitrogen, TonyP2000 (yes, another one of mine  :D ), As for maps go, this one has a little bit of variety in it and is in the medium difficulty tier.
# 3888, IkeaHo's Swamp, IkeaHo's, this is a good map if you want an more easier map for the game. It is an easy to beat map but has very wild terrain.
# 4206, Badlands, PHOENIX79, another rather simple map to beat but with but with a unique terrain layout.
Vote Tony!

ontheworld

#2610, Flok. F0R, fun and hard map in wich you have to think outside the box a bit.
#2830, walls, ontheworld, fun map in wich you have to estimate when to build your first weapons

thepenguin

#2329, Malus, thepenguin, the hardest map I ever made, also, one of the hardest maps on the site
#2308, Nice Job 18: The Chemist, UpperKEES, One of the most fun maps I've ever played
#2874, UNITED-OR, thepenguin, a semi-hard map, has a bit of a time limit, uses thor
#1984, The Prince, UpperKees, a fun, nice puzzle map
#2467, hexo, thepenguin, a map that gives a "taste" of six different ideas, first map to use 6x "multitasking"
#2806, united-ca, thepenguin, a nice, easy map
#654, Alien Tech Library, Sauffaus, it looks very cool (neat custom BG, use of creeper colors), and has some difficulty too
#2799, Golden Shores, Sauffaus, I just love the gold BG / edge textures
We have become the creeper...

UpperKEES

It's hard for me to judge the trivial/easy maps, because I've hardly played them, but I would certainly include one of SPIFFEN.

I have divided my nominations into two categories:

MEDIUM/HARD:

Map #TitleAuthorRemarks

85Roly-polyHayTypical and constraining landscape
98FractalXylnalyaWell designed and challenging
104The SwitchbackTeroNice design and requires an unusual strategy
282Tavern BrawlClpgjonesBest 3D design!
610PuzzlingTimwiA nice puzzle map suitable for any player
784Earth at NightFisherckGreat geographical map
1656MultitaskSqazVery original way to enforce fighting at multiple fronts
1816Pink LemonadeKettleFallsChallenging terrain
2308Nice Job 18: The ChemistUpperKEESI'll leave commenting on this one to others
2566NijashF0RVery natural and playable terrain
2610FlokF0RAgain a very natural and fun landscape
3059Cell Survival: Virus AttackFisherckNice theme and great looking map
3790Creeper HollowMadMagGreat graphics and nice gameplay
3847The SettlersMadMagGreat graphics and nice gameplay
4245Drone Wars: EndgameShodan7Fun map with great looks

HARD/VERY HARD:

Map #TitleAuthorRemarks

13VelsarApocalypsticTough but balanced map that allows for various strategies
557Alien Alter Ruin SauffausThe ultimate challenge
909Living Off The LandBortMost carefully designed CW1 map
1984Nice Job 11: The PrinceUpperKEESI'll leave commenting on this one to others
2799Golden ShoresSauffausGreat graphics and well designed
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Grauniad

By reference, I wil linclude a list of good maps compiled by Karsten75 when he did map approvals.

Ed's picks.

I believe those maps are all fun, and will fit in the middle-tier of the map you envision. WIsh I had the time to play as many of the custom maps and then maybe I might have posted a few myself.

PS. Apologies for violating the posting rules, but this may be an exception that justifies the rule.

#211, Expert Round, Jonas, A map that is impossible, hard, pwnd, depending on one's level of insight into the game, probably the most downloaded map on the site.
#69, The 'Incident', Virgil, Nice story, and not frustrating to play (Seriously, yes.) Multiple approaches.
#3847, The Settlers, MadMag, Beautiful graphics plus high rating. Concur
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

RichieRich

OK, Some of my favourite maps from some of my favourite mapmakers. I have steered away from very difficult ones I love. Alien Alter Ruin by Sauffaus, one of the best maps, is just too hard. Kaipos' Temple of Moloch, another masterpiece, is too puzzling for novices.

http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=1984&page= 1984 - Upperkees - The Prince
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=2759&page= 2759 - Sauffaus - Tsunami Beach
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=3847&page=  3847 - MadMag - The Settlers
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=4081&page= 4081 - Spiffin - Spiffin's Flowers
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=784&page= 784 - Fisherck - Earth at Night

Will be updated....

Edit:

In relation to Kees suggestions, at this stage I'm seconding his "The Chemist", also Timwi's puzzling - an excellent simple puzzle.

mthw2vc

It's been so long since I played CW1 custom missions that my memory of which are good or bad is hazy.

I haven't seen either of the following two nominated yet, but remember them being enjoyable experiences, both making and playing.

2630   mthw2vc's Deltamthw2vcLooks nice and plays well, and has a very high rating (4.57). Fairly lengthy.
4106Community Map #5/Blast from the Past   Community   Looks nice, plays well, high rating (4.5). Much faster pace, but built around the CW1 story.

SPIFFEN

Oh there is alot of maps that should be nominatied for this =D
I can start with my own first , and add others as soon i get the time to do so .

SPIFFENs Stripes 7 Is an Optical illusions maps . , that everyone should be able to finnish .
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

Jeff

I liked puzzling because it was hard but is was fun