Secret Raining Level

Started by warutel, June 19, 2011, 03:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warutel

Has anyone managed to beat the secret level??

I found the level today but I can't finish it... I can handle the first 5 minutes or so, then it is just impossible, the creeper density of the rain keeps increasing. Do we have to beat the level quickly enough so that it does not get too strong or something? :-\

My strategy is to hide the LS just in the near cave and hold on the rain with shields, then use more shields to hold on the creeper coming from the down and start digging around. But no matter what I do, after ~5 minutes the rain is insane. I think I also saw rain "drops" appearing INSIDE my cave, what is up with that??!

SPOILER!!, I uploaded a video of my strategy (well a bad attempt, the computer was slowed down because of the video). Do not look if you didn't find the level yet!
Spoiler
[close]

thepenguin

We have become the creeper...

xing

I don't know what you did there - I get the exact same map layout and NO RAIN just the ground emitters

warutel

Quote from: xing on June 19, 2011, 04:33:04 PM
I don't know what you did there - I get the exact same map layout and NO RAIN just the ground emitters

Mmm... ?

Oh I see, if you access the map using its name as the code you get the layout lol :D I didn't try that, nice find.

Mmm, so no one saw this level before? Not even the betas ???

Ranakastrasz

I found the level too, But I Tried all of the settings, and no rain. Looking at it, it looks like creeper on the bottom is wrapping to the top, though It is hard to tell due to you not scrolling to the bottom, perhaps your version is buggy?

Kamron3

Quote from: warutel on June 19, 2011, 04:40:52 PM
Quote from: xing on June 19, 2011, 04:33:04 PM

Mmm... ?

Oh I see, if you access the map using its name as the code you get the layout lol :D I didn't try that, nice find.

Mmm, so no one saw this level before? Not even the betas ???

Did you somehow get a leak of the Map Editor? If not, how do you access this "Secret" map.

Ebon Heart

If it was made with the map editor... A: nice level. B: how did you get the map editor??
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

warutel

Quote from: Ebon_Heart on June 19, 2011, 05:15:39 PM
If it was made with the map editor... A: nice level. B: how did you get the map editor??

I didn't use "the map editor", is the map editor available for betas then? But yeah it is a nice level indeed, it keeps getting harder the more time passes.

I just used the link/button given in one of the bonus mission.

thepenguin

Quote from: warutel on June 19, 2011, 05:39:20 PM
Quote from: Ebon_Heart on June 19, 2011, 05:15:39 PM

I didn't use "the map editor", is the map editor available for betas then? But yeah it is a nice level indeed, it keeps getting harder the more time passes.

I just used the link/button given in one of the bonus mission.

which bonus mission?
We have become the creeper...

Kamron3

warutel stop dancing around and tell us exactly where this "hidden mission" is, give us screen shots and point exactly to it.

Virgil never told us about a "secret mission."

You are either:

1) Lying about the fact you have a stolen copy of the map editor
2) or are a beta member trolling the rest of us.

Ebon Heart

Alright, something's going on here. That account, "warutel" Seems to have been made JUST for this post... and the youtube account you posted from is brand new, made today just for that video. Tell us the truth, how'd you come across that level?

burguertime

The map is indeed man-made, the field effects of the "rain" is unmistakeable.

It should be a moving field that drops creeper moving left and right.

My bet is (assuming he did not grab a copy of the map editor);

He used the code maps to get "secret raining level" map layout, and then edited some info using a hex editor to get the rain effect.

If that's so, congrats on making the first user level of CW2. If not, banhammer.
Don't make a slog just because. Be like Master Mapmaker SPIFFEN:
Quote from: themaskedcrusader on October 05, 2010, 05:09:33 PM
(...)Difficulty is subjective. (...)
SPIFFEN chooses to rate each map as trivial because they believe that the difficulty of the map depends on the capability of the player.
BAD RATING: MEASUREMENT OF MAP HARDNESS.
Quote from: DumbCreeperGamer"Ugh, me no finish map, map too hard, ME RATE ONE.
oOga OoGa to you too.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: burguertime on June 19, 2011, 10:03:30 PM
The map is indeed man-made, the field effects of the "rain" is unmistakeable.

It should be a moving field that drops creeper moving left and right.

My bet is (assuming he did not grab a copy of the map editor);

He used the code maps to get "secret raining level" map layout, and then edited some info using a hex editor to get the rain effect.

If that's so, congrats on making the first user level of CW2. If not, banhammer.
I think the bigger question is, if it IS the map editor... how'd he get it?

warutel

Quote from: burguertime on June 19, 2011, 10:03:30 PMThe map is indeed man-made, the field effects of the "rain" is unmistakeable.

There are no fields in the upper part of the map (where the rain is). I forgot to turn on the Show Fields option in the video, sorry.

(but you are the closest one to the answer ;) )

warutel

Quote from: Kamron3 on June 19, 2011, 05:54:27 PM
warutel stop dancing around and tell us exactly where this "hidden mission" is, give us screen shots and point exactly to it.

Virgil never told us about a "secret mission."

You are either:

1) Lying about the fact you have a stolen copy of the map editor
2) or are a beta member trolling the rest of us.

It is true that I don't have access to the map editor.

I'm not a beta member either.

There is only one lie in all what I said in this thread, though.