Love this game!

Started by Aanze1313, January 27, 2010, 08:50:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aanze1313

Howdy All

I've been playin this a couple weeks, best 10 bux I've spent in a long time. I've made some maps and uploaded them. They all run in a series. I've built about 18 so far, I think I have uploaded about 10, So as they come along please let me know how ya like the story and the game.

I'm probably going to finish the series at 20 or so then move on to an offshoot of the original series. Let me know what ya think about the story and if the game plays go along well with the story, Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thanks to all that have downloaded them so far.

Also have enjoyed playing some of the maps I've downloaded too. Great Community here!

Aanze1313

Capn Trey

Hey, I like your maps.

Can you post a screen cap of Alpha 2010 being beaten?

If I know its doable I'll try again and again until I win.

Aurzel

you're better off asking siccles to do it lol

Siccles

Your wish is my command

12:13 / 8306

Aurzel

see, bingo bango, i bet he wasnt even trying for a good time lol

Capn Trey

12 minutes! I am officially jealous. Is this a paratrouper attack?

dilogic

Siccles - 12 minutes is amazing on this map. I'm looking at your screenshots, and I can't figure out how you've got enough energy to build, let alone power those blasters (and drones and other stuff), especially in such a short time? The energy production is not very high at all.

This map is whooping me. Even aside from the spores (nasty!), the creeper becomes very difficult to hold off after a while.

Siccles

Quote from: dilogic on February 06, 2010, 01:33:14 PM
Siccles - 12 minutes is amazing on this map. I'm looking at your screenshots, and I can't figure out how you've got enough energy to build, let alone power those blasters (and drones and other stuff), especially in such a short time? The energy production is not very high at all.

This map is whooping me. Even aside from the spores (nasty!), the creeper becomes very difficult to hold off after a while.

look where odin city was stationed before I won, then look what is in that area, and think about what couldve caused it, then you know.

dilogic

Well then, I've finally got success on this map - 19:07 (score 7,582). That doesn't make me a Siccles, but I think it's pretty decent anyway... :)

Actually, Siccles deserves most of the credit because I emulated as best as I could what I saw on his screenshot, and it seems to have worked, so thanks! Using drones instead of mortars seems to really make a difference.

What I did too was start by building a few collectors and generators before trying to go across the map (but you can't do that for too long because you've got to get the survivors before it's too late). If there's time for that I think it is effective because it'll give you a head start on the energy production curve which helps everything after that.