community map 3

Started by thepenguin, September 18, 2010, 01:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thepenguin

since the first map already got posted for map #3000

and the second is posted here

I'm starting another

feel free to add a quote to the opening text (or artifacts)

Any one can help

please make sure to test the map to completion if you have made a change to the terrain, emitters, or overall gameplay. (most people dislike impossible maps)
We have become the creeper...

Blaze

thepenguin

changed terrain

Aurzel

i set some emitters and totems, at the moment it is possible to hold the creeper back with a mortar and i've also made the emitters set so that the outer ones cant flood the bowl, in a way they do help over flow though because they flood the inside quickly but it's the middle emitters that do the flooding (note that there's several emitters in the middle spot, but i think they'll need some powering up still) i've tried to get some fairly spread out intervals so as to keep the player on their toes about how the creeper is spreading as well as the longer interval ones maybe being a suprise if they try to cap the emitters too early

Michionlion

Changed terrian a lot
still winable
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Aurzel

i added another emitter in the opposite corner otherwise it's too easy to contain the creeper with a mortar (one mortar does the job nicely) as it stands now you're forced to defend a wide front plus the creeper also spills into the 'bowl' which makes it slightly tougher to take
(and i liked the little pits michionlion when i added the other emitter some of the creeper pools in there and slows it down a little bit, sort of giving you a bit of a defensive line)
oh and i also put the emitter in the corner on a high bit of terrain so that it cant be capped, just a little annoyance there :P
i still feel the emitter in the bowl should be stronger though, maybe have an emitter that turns on after a few minutes with a lot of creeper i dunno maybe someone could test that out?

thepenguin

changed a lot of stuff, can't remember what

Aurzel

i think he emitter behind odin city isnt such a good idea, i feel like it's a distraction ok, but it's too much like it's trying to be a distraction if you catch my drift and the other emitters will never flood over with those settings so i stepped up the adjacent ones a bit and the opposite one a lot
i dont know but it just feels like it's too easy with those high interval settings

thepenguin

Blaze

I can't really work with it, I don't know what else to do, it's a bit too jumbled...
I'll help on the next one, lest I tear this one up.  :-\

thepenguin

ok, I think this one is done

(I'll need someone else to post a score (or change the map a bit))

it's too hard for me

J

I've added some totems and emitters.
This map is not too hard.
Start with some collectors (don't build too much upwards), one mortar (pool in the middle) and one blaster (to stop the creeper from the upper-left emitter).
Then, build 2 reactors and a drone and you can finish the map quiqly by building more drones and reactors (use the drones for the upper-left emitter).
I can post the map, but whats the title? And the intro text?

J

Can I start with community map 4?

thepenguin

I think we should give it a rest for a while, this topic kind of ran out of steamI think we should wait till december for the next community map

J

I have the first (now pretty bad, but that will change) map ready.