Custom Map #11033: Lakes and Mountains. By: Dp

Started by AutoPost, February 10, 2024, 11:57:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #11033: Lakes and Mountains

Author: Dp
Size: 180x180

Desc:
Map from D0m0nik Beware the delayed emitters and spores. Just a bit of a battle map with the option of running 3 bases at once!

Apexian

I already know that I'm not going to be able to beat this, but it's great to see you making maps again.

hawgwash

Excellent map.  I struggle with these "multitasking" type scenarios.  And in this case, I built a forge almost immediately and somehow managed to choose the hardest location to defend.  Had to just hang on until I got enough forge upgrades and also could join to another base.

D0m0nik

I'm glad you beat it! Which base did you choose?

hawgwash

Quote from: D0m0nik on February 11, 2024, 12:36:34 PMI'm glad you beat it! Which base did you choose?
Spoiler
I placed CNs in the NE, SE, and SW corners.  I put the forge in the SE corner.  Twice I almost lost the CN in that corner as the creeper came up the little river.  I was struggling to find more space down there to build more reactors.
[close]

stdout

Unfortunately the ranking scale only goes to 10 so that's what I ranked it. A masterpiece.

Spoiler
I opened NE, SE and SW. Forge on SW. Built gems, then 3 reactors, then 3 more reactors as well as cannons and blasters as needed. One guppy to nullify that spore tower on the west side. I managed to hold all three corners. By the time I got the thor I was already maxed out on build speed so the 2,000 cost wasn't a problem. Quick and satisfying mopup after that. Extremely tight opening. Getting a foothold took several restarts. I did manage to hold all three bases with careful multitasking.
[close]

Great map Domonik, thank you!

rennervate

cool that you're doing maps again. the design of your maps is always great. Unfortunately I'm too old to put myself through the stress of having 3 CN's. Maybe this is related to my cold and I'll have to try it next week.
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

D0m0nik

It is playable with just one CN but a bit of a slog.

Hope you get well soon!

rennervate

10/10.
hard start. It took me a few tries... it was a lot of fun. thanks for doing it
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX