Biggest Darn Laser Beam I've Ever Seen

Started by Dranar, January 03, 2010, 03:15:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dranar

I've been mucking around with the level editor, when i decided to make the biggest laser beam ever:

The Reactor - The Reactor of all Reactors

djcian

i had been thinking about something like this in the ending of my ancient ruins campaign but i decided to go with multiple totems in one spot.  and it the rift appeared over the center of the ring it would look like the death star firing a world destroying laser.  hmm... that gives me an idea
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

TheBuilder

umm buddy i think i beat ya to it check out teh fourth map in my "Return of the Creeper" campain.  ;D  though urs has more.
Not even death can stop the truly determined.

I told them, "I want to add to the world."
They said, "Then learn how to use the editor."
I asked, "What is the editor?"
They said, "Life."

Aurzel

i used the multiple totems in one space trick in one of my maps, its a great way to knock down someone's energy since they have to fuel many totems at once instead of just 1 ;)

TheBuilder

to make a map do u have to have creeper on it? cause then u could make a huge totem setup that would take a long time to charge without haveing to worry about it, or just set one emitter to start really far in the game, with low intensity and long time in between emisions of creeper

They said, "Life."

Aurzel

no you dont need emitters or anything, just put tons of totems and take as long as you want

edit: fear the laz0rz!!!

TheBuilder

HEY AURZEL, how do u take screenshots and then put them in a post, would really help me if i were to make guides or just if i wanted to put in pctures of stuff, start a topic on it k thanks.

That is a bigg lazor though

They said, "Life."

mothwentbad

One of those is like a clamshell. The other looks like the left half of a Pink Floyd album cover.

Aurzel

to post pics follow these steps:
1. print screen w/e the pic you want is
2. copy into paste paste into paint
3. edit as necessary
4. load up to photobucket.com (you need to make an account if you dont already have one)
5. when the pic is saved photobucket will give you several codes for it, like an html code and an img code
6. copy the img code in its entirety (like this without the underscores [img_]code[/img_])
7. enjoy the posted picture

Karsten75

Quote from: Aurzel on January 04, 2010, 04:34:23 PM
to post pics follow these steps:
1. print screen w/e the pic you want is
2. copy into paste paint.
3. edit as necessary
4. load up to photobucket.com (you need to make an account if you dont already have one) Use Tinypic.com. Also from Photobucket, but don't need an account (unless you want to) and people can't see your other pics.
5. when the pic is saved photobucket will give you several codes for it, like an html code and an img code
6. copy the img code in its entirety (like this without the underscores [img_]code[/img_])
7. enjoy the posted picture

Slightly modified.

Aurzel

yes yes paint sorry, i type too fast >.<

TheBuilder

They said, "Life."

Dranar

I've posted a really good screen taking program (That my father made) before, its here:

http://www.toptensoftware.com/snapshot/

Just drag it into your little shortcuts in the bottom right of your screen next to the start button, and click on it to start it.

It'll change your cursor picture to a crosshair, then you just click and drag the area you want to take a picture of!
The Reactor - The Reactor of all Reactors