Story Writers

Started by Argent009, January 02, 2010, 07:08:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Argent009

I have a heck of a time coming up with any kind of story to go with maps I make, it might be nice if we had a thread or even a forum where people could give stories to maps that need them. For instance I could say I just uploaded "Aquaduct" (which I did, or any of my goofy maps for that matter) and it(they) need a story, would anyone like to write one? Then they could submit the story to the thread and I could put the story to the map and give 'em credit, etc...

Whatcha think?

Mrmcdeath

Sure... I may be able to do a few of them.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

djcian

sure if i have some creative bursts i'll help
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Argent009

I'm not just thinking of my maps but, I imagine there's other people besides me who aren't too great at coming up with stories. And vise versa 'course. Teaming up could produce much better map playing experiences.

Aurzel

just as a point, maps or even campaigns dont always need a story to be interesting, the maps pretty much speak for themselves

Argent009

Sometimes I suppose they do but I've noticed some folks here get very into creating a whole multi-map story and it can make the gameplay more interesting.

Aurzel

true but there's also many people out there who ignore the story and just play the map

Argent009

Yes, so both are relevant. A good story to go with good maps doesn't hurt anything and can help progress a series of maps along, so it's nice to have. :)

Aurzel

heh true dat, have fun finding a story :3