Custom Map #1035: [Collecting More Data][P1] The Branch Corp. By: theachevah

Started by AutoPost, January 17, 2018, 05:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1035: [Collecting More Data][P1] The Branch Corp

Author: theachevah
Size: 256x144

Desc:
After the events during and following the Collecting Data series, Zosimos and Larcwyde had to stay and lead the remnants of their homeworld due to attacks by enemy particulate and a strange robotic race called 'hydraxils'. after some time later, the bots decided that another corp, a branch corp, has to take the place of doing enemy particulate cleansing and data collecting random jumps. ({[production of maps will be slow due to school.]})

Khaesho

Ach I'm going to level with you, I've loved the collecting data series so far, but I feel like this most recent map missed the mark. Collecting data worked well because it started with two characters, gave us time to know them, then introduced Cole, then introduced the other members and the dark particulate. With "Collecting More Data" You start a new chapter with... what? Six different characters? Seven? I honestly don't know, the only ones I remember are Sam, Vlad, and Cole. It's too many people too quickly, and they just blur together.

Cool off just a bit with the storytelling. Each character needs a mission where they show what they're good at, so we can get to know them. That can even help channel your creativity into creation! Maybe make a maze of deadly particulate that requires precision piloting to navigate to the channels. Maybe make a map where there's just a huge tide of particulate and you need to carefully manage weaponry placement to get through.

Love your work, it's so cool how there are custom map packs that act as story extensions almost like DLC. I write fiction as a hobby, so if you need or want any advice or assistance with the storytelling part, I'd be happy to help. Do you have discord? Hit me up on Discord if you wanna chat. I'm Khaesho#4462

theachevah

Quote from: Khaesho on January 17, 2018, 11:01:13 PM
Ach I'm going to level with you, I've loved the collecting data series so far, but I feel like this most recent map missed the mark. Collecting data worked well because it started with two characters, gave us time to know them, then introduced Cole, then introduced the other members and the dark particulate. With "Collecting More Data" You start a new chapter with... what? Six different characters? Seven? I honestly don't know, the only ones I remember are Sam, Vlad, and Cole. It's too many people too quickly, and they just blur together.

Cool off just a bit with the storytelling. Each character needs a mission where they show what they're good at, so we can get to know them. That can even help channel your creativity into creation! Maybe make a maze of deadly particulate that requires precision piloting to navigate to the channels. Maybe make a map where there's just a huge tide of particulate and you need to carefully manage weaponry placement to get through.

Love your work, it's so cool how there are custom map packs that act as story extensions almost like DLC. I write fiction as a hobby, so if you need or want any advice or assistance with the storytelling part, I'd be happy to help. Do you have discord? Hit me up on Discord if you wanna chat. I'm Khaesho#4462

greetings.

you are right... I myself feel like this map was a bit lackluster. But will also take into account your advices and ideas to make better maps.

I appreciate all kinds of criticism coming from players who tried my maps. helps me be better overall.

What is a man? A miserable pile of secrets! But enough talk, HAVE AT YOU!