Custom Map #991: Miniatures. By: BEric2000

Started by AutoPost, December 16, 2017, 06:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #991: Miniatures

Author: BEric2000
Size: 384x216

Desc:
In this battlefield, no capitol ships are allowed and power management once you begin your assault is a factor.

chwooly

I gave this a low score. Maybe I am seeing this in the wrong light, But I think that as you remove emitters the particle count should go down. I removed 9 emitters and the remaining emitters still produced 6k particles and those produced the hardest particle. so then the game becomes more of a left to right mouse crawl where you are just trying to build ships, thus I find the game becomes tedious, I would suggest that in future maps, that each emitter has a specific amount of particle it produces so that as someone progresses in the map there is a reduction in the amount of particle produced as emitters are destroyed, My favorite maps so far are produced by Nico and Foxx. And the reason for that is the balance both put into the maps. They create maps that are fun to play because there is a progression. This map doesn't have that.

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

BEric2000

Good feedback on the progression factor.  I'm still new to this and not sure how to make that happen, but will give it a look and incorporate into future maps.  Thanks again!

CyberDyneSystems

I appreciated that the difficulty did not fall off to make a sweeping victory get easier and easier actually.
However, from where I stood at the end with one emitter left, (it was one the top right corner) it then became absolutely impossible to take that last emitter out.

Perhaps If I replay and make sure that the corner (maybe inherently the most powerful) were first?