Custom Map #870: [DA] P5 - Research Facility. By: Dark Ambition

Started by AutoPost, August 13, 2017, 07:32:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #870: [DA] P5 - Research Facility

Author: Dark Ambition
Size: 350x300

Desc:
(Language alert for one of the Archives. It was a lot heavier, but I toned it down a bit, but still. Skip the top-most Archive if you care.) Particle Fleet: Resurgence Part 5 ----- The Crew rifts to the research facility that Daveth said Legislator Trevor was heading to. Wait... what happened here? -----

GoodMorning

Interesting. I'd argue for Warfield to refit the energy tanks to house Reactors, and allow warp.

Decagon, you may be interested also:
I can, given some time (both absolute and spare within my own dealings with reality), script up something to forbid/allow warp based on a configurable timer for these custom HQs - I can fail the mission on HQ-bombing (if the HQ doesn't last three frames) and script-kill it if it is warped in again before time is up (without failing the mission).

This will take a bit of fiddling to get right, and will be name-based. It could probably be extended to the normal HQ.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: GoodMorning on August 15, 2017, 05:08:17 AM
Interesting. I'd argue for Warfield to refit the energy tanks to house Reactors, and allow warp.

Decagon, you may be interested also:
I can, given some time (both absolute and spare within my own dealings with reality), script up something to forbid/allow warp based on a configurable timer for these custom HQs - I can fail the mission on HQ-bombing (if the HQ doesn't last three frames) and script-kill it if it is warped in again before time is up (without failing the mission).

This will take a bit of fiddling to get right, and will be name-based. It could probably be extended to the normal HQ.

That sort of script would be absolutely amazing! It would cut out a whole bunch of frustration with the current system for denying HQ bombing, both for the player and the map maker. :)
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

GoodMorning

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Johnny Haywire

Hey, just a few thoughts about the mission itself...

I really like your dialogue - you're making a story and not just a map and that's totally cool.

The reading part is challenging for me, and that's not your fault. As I mentioned, the script comes so slowly that it's about at the rate of normal speaking out loud, and when reading that visually it feels like being stuck in a traffic jam, or finding a section of the Autobahn that for some reason has been limited to 25 mph. It slows my reading down to about 1/10 of normal speed which makes it pretty painful. Anyway, not your fault.

Maybe watch a few common spelling errors, like "your" instead of "you're" - not a real big deal though. The creative quality of the dialogue is more important than the technical/analytical quality anyway. So good job on that!

Thanks for the story!  ;D
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Dark Ambition

Quote from: Johnny Haywire on November 03, 2021, 01:21:08 PM
Hey, just a few thoughts about the mission itself...

I really like your dialogue - you're making a story and not just a map and that's totally cool.

The reading part is challenging for me, and that's not your fault. As I mentioned, the script comes so slowly that it's about at the rate of normal speaking out loud, and when reading that visually it feels like being stuck in a traffic jam, or finding a section of the Autobahn that for some reason has been limited to 25 mph. It slows my reading down to about 1/10 of normal speed which makes it pretty painful. Anyway, not your fault.

Maybe watch a few common spelling errors, like "your" instead of "you're" - not a real big deal though. The creative quality of the dialogue is more important than the technical/analytical quality anyway. So good job on that!

Thanks for the story!  ;D

Thank you ;D
I'm not all for these mission, and I've already stated my issue with my early dialogue, but the story itself I am quite proud of, though mostly for details that haven't even been revealed in the uploaded missions.

As for the spelling errors, I never used spell check back then XD I do now, and even things that slip through that are caught by my BFF, who is very particular about correct spelling XD

Johnny Haywire

Heh heh, your grammar is much better than most - especially considering the amount of dialogue you incorporate into your maps.  ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?