Previous topic - Next topic

FOXX

The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!
Including  CUSTOM MODULE MAPS & SHIPS

stevo

Quote from: FOXX on June 24, 2017, 07:58:12 AM
Quote from: freshbananashea on June 23, 2017, 10:24:08 PM
Access to the other amp gems for some reason was blocked if you destroyed the first mire spawner too soon. I don't know if its a glitch or intended. Was quite challenging. I played it and then watched ShadeofDead play it. He got more amp gems than me. He didn't destroy the first mire spawner. That is the only difference I noticed.
I have checked the Scripts just to make sure i don't miss anything. [Also watched ShadeofDead play this map]
AmpGems

1 AmpGem is under an Energy Source at Coords 49 104
2 AmpGem with Omni Pickup at Coords 81 195
3+4 AmpGem with Omni Pickup at Coords 110 113
5 AmpGem with Ship Pickup at Coords  110 80
So in total you should have 5 AmpGems, if you have more then 5 i would consider this a glitch. If you have less then 5 that would be strange because nothing is Scripted to Block off anything.
[close]

The MireSpawner at Coords 56 187 [the one ShadeofDead didn't destroy in the Beginning] has no effect on AmpGems. I believe Shade had 5 AmpGems in the end.

I can't get any AmpGems at all. Not even from the second item on that list (I haven't managed to do the first item yet).

So I'm really struggling to maintain a decent foothold on this map. Shame as it looks like an interesting challenge.

GoodMorning

As with most maps involving scripting, the first port of call in the event of bugs which others do not share is to check the game version. If, after updating (or if using the Steam version), the problem persists, then we can start the whole "upload save" process.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FOXX

Quote from: stevo on July 25, 2017, 07:36:26 PM
...... I can't get any AmpGems at all. Not even from the second item on that list (I haven't managed to do the first item yet)........
Yeah, this seems like a Version issue. Make sure you have the latest Version of the Game and if it still doesn't work reply back please.
Good Luck !!
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!

stevo

Thanks for the replies GoodMorning and Foxx.

Yep, outdated version was the problem. Updated to latest and the first AmpGem has spawned. So have the mire spawners. Oddly the mire that they created seemed to be working in the older version but I couldn't see why. Now I can. All part of the challenge. Nice one.

FOXX

Quote from: stevo on July 29, 2017, 07:19:21 PM
Thanks for the replies GoodMorning and Foxx.

Yep, outdated version was the problem. Updated to latest and the first AmpGem has spawned. So have the mire spawners. Oddly the mire that they created seemed to be working in the older version but I couldn't see why. Now I can. All part of the challenge. Nice one.
Thumbs Up. 
The Mireing works with every version i think. The issue with updating was in the code.
Nice that it works now.
Have fun playing :)
The FPAF
For My Maps and Ships!