Custom Map #235: yum14 TESTING MAP. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, October 24, 2016, 11:57:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChaosMaster130

Well looks like my hunch about the emitters was right. Time to wait for that update then.  8)
Spamming my Up+B Special since 1999!

yum-forum

Quote from: ChaosMaster130 on October 25, 2016, 06:45:01 AM
Well looks like my hunch about the emitters was right. Time to wait for that update then.  8)

I am not expected. Sorry, please!  :-[
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

chwooly

So I updated to the beta, And tried this map again, the delay works now but still there is nothing here that is fun for me, It is all about micromanagement, There is no strategy needed, it is just about pausing and rebuilding destroyed ships, sending them out to be destroyed and pausing to rebuild and resend, ad nauseam.

I realize this is a testing map it says so right in the title, but what is it testing?

I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

strigvir

Quote from: chwooly on October 25, 2016, 06:35:19 PM
I realize this is a testing map it says so right in the title, but what is it testing?
Your patience.

chwooly

Quote from: strigvir on October 25, 2016, 08:46:31 PM
Quote from: chwooly on October 25, 2016, 06:35:19 PM
Your patience.

:o :o :o :o :o
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Lisimba

Impossible with the live version but after I upgraded to the beta version it became doable. While bomb ships are an interesting mechanic (seen them in other maps) it goes into tedious here. It's not a bad map and the start is definitely exciting, but it feels like it kinda overshot the mark for the later bits.

A tip for players:
Spoiler
Destroy the lower left most emitter as soon as possible and definitely before the emitters in the back get online. Let it convert to an enemy energy mine and not only will it no longer fire particles at you, a bunch of the particles from other mines will go hang around it, taking significant pressure off your front.
[close]

ColonelSandersLite

General thoughts:
I liked the ships, but don't like the mission.  Took a few attempts to figure out the opening.

My Rating:
4/10

My time:
47:31

Difficulty:
Hard

Johnny Haywire

Yeah, this one wasn't as fun as others but it's not too much busy-work.

I found the flying bombs to be irrelevant. At least, I didn't use them. I prefer to just ram straight through.

I paused only a few times here and there when I couldn't see because of the 99 gazillion particles. Definitely do-able in a 30-minute sit-down, but I'd say this one is more of a challenge than fun. Not nearly as bad as the low rating suggests, but definitely not for people who are still looking for the toy at the bottom of a cereal box.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

toolforger

Giving up. Got the start done, got the first two emitters converted with some effort, but then the pressure is just too much to progress further to the right as the emergent started waltzing over my big ships.
Gems on the big ships didn't help enough to make a difference. In fact the cycle was lose a ship -> return to base because now the front would get overwhelmed -> progress again to retrieve the gem -> return because the ships again lost too much armor -> regem, advance again, lose a ship again, lather, rinse, repeat.
simply ramming through wouldn't work either, the liberated energy source would be overrun and converted back to red within seconds of absence - and after ramming through you *have* absence.

I guess that lucking out with just the right strategy would work, but... no patience.

Johnny Haywire

Keep in mind that you can stack several ships on top of each other... sometimes that helps. Been a long while since I did this map but I remember it just being a slog so good luck.  :P
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

yum-forum

new video in YouTube from  particle maniac (zapfsaeule):  :D

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last